Separation Anxiety || Short Story

[NAME] turned her body rapidly in the hopes that Jax hadn't abandoned her when she opened her eyes and felt lonely in her little bed. only to find nothing there... Her breathing quickens and she feels her heart thumping out of her chest. How far away did he go?

[NAME] got out of bed and surveyed her room. Is he maybe hiding? nor beneath the bed, nor in her closet, nowhere... She peered at the door, wondering if he had left. There isn't another conceivable response. She approaches the door cautiously while fixing her concentrated gaze on the doorknob. She had to go. Could Jax become abstract? or suffered harm?

She peeked out while twisting the doorknob. She noticed Ragatha emerging from her room and yawning as she stretched her body in the corridor. It looks like she had a little snooze as well. [NAME] swiftly passed Ragatha as she left her room.

"Good morning, [NAME]!" While grinning, Ragatha was ignored by the other female. didn't give her any kind of acknowledgement. Though it wasn't the first time, Ragatha wasn't outraged because she was accustomed to [NAME]'s conduct. The reserved girl is well known for never saying anything and only opening up to Jax. Nobody knows why she behaves in this manner. Is there a crush on her? Is it only that Jax has the appearance of a cuddly stuffed animal? In any case, Ragatha dismissed it with indifference.

[NAME] searched every area, scanned the corridors, and opened a few random doors, but to no avail. Up until she followed the sounds of a few voices. As she approaches the corner, she sees Kinger and Gangle assisting Zooble in attaching their various bodily parts. Kinger saw her as soon as she walked out awkwardly. 

"Hey, [NAME]! Where have you been?" Kinger asked as Zooble was cussing themselves out. The girl didn't respond and Zooble turn their head to face the shy one. 

"Tell your boyfriend to %#$! off!" Zooble shouted in frustration and connecting their body together, only missing an arm. "Where is my other arm?"

"...He isn't my boyfriend..." [NAME] whispered but it was enough for everyone to hear so they all stopped what they were doing in shock; [NAME] barely talks to them... especially if Jax isn't around. "I'll find your arm. Where is Jax?"

"Uh... I think he went to the stage." Gangle responded, and the other female headed straight for the stage. She was desperate for him. She was in need of support. She continued down another hallway and eventually came to a stage with Pomni, Ragatha, and Jax standing on it. Jax pointed around using Zooble's arm, not realizing that [NAME] was slowly moving behind him. The other two noticed her, and Pomni was going to identify her when Ragatha intervened.

"Are you even paying attent--WOAH!" A set of arms halted Jax, and his smirk vanished in an instant. He turned to see who had touched him and cast a downward glance. With innocent eyes, the girl gazed up at him, and he only moaned in frustration. Jax opened his lips to say something, but [NAME] grabbed the arm fast.

"I'm sorry, Zooble wanted their arm back." Once again, she murmured and let go of Jax's waist. Without bothering to defend himself, he rolled his eyes. Nothing is worth it. When she reached for Jax's hand, he easily brought it to his hips so they could not hold hands. Although [NAME] promised them she would bring it back, she didn't want to return to Zooble by herself. She is not as impolite as Jax is. Jax arched an eyebrow as she took a deep breath and started to leave the stage. Does she truly intend to leave him? He watched her go till a grin came back to his face.

"Perhaps, I can put this on a pause." Pomni gasped and watched as Jax hurried out of there as well, saying. Pomni began to scream as Ragatha attempted to calm her down after Jax had deceived her by saying he knew where the escape was.

Jax approached [NAME] from behind as she was moving slowly toward the other group. She was surprised a little, but he pointed her back and grinned. She was glad Jax isn't going to abandon her once more. He took hold of her hand and held it firmly. She was taken aback by his behavior; typically, he avoids her and never tries to initiate contact, so witnessing this made her heart race. He gave her a fleeting wink and a pretend grin as she gazed up at him. With embarrassment, she blushed and looked at the ground, thinking it would make her blush less.

~~~

Remember to vote!

Slowly ruining out of ideas...

Requested by: Quacki_Bee