Abstracted Love {ANGST}

Jax rubbed the back of his lover who was struggling to maintain their breathing and sweating profusely. [NAME] looked around the room, the room was spinning, and the voice of Jax was beginning to muffle itself.

"Do you think we will ever get out of here?" [NAME] sat down while staring at his friends from a far with Jax standing next to him.

"Of course, we'll get out of here, dollface." Jax crossed his arms with a proud, confident smile to show cast his lover.

Jax's heart continued to pound loudly as [NAME] put his hands on his shoulders and gripped firmly. It appears as though it is desperate to get away. Jax did everything in his power to soothe his companion and even sing a little tune for him. wishing that perhaps this will be of assistance to him.

"Jax... Promise me that you'll be there for me... even if things don't go as planned." [NAME] stare at the direction where all of the abstracts landed in. 

"We'll be fine. We won't end up like them, we're better." Jax rolled his eyes and avoided the spot where [NAME] was staring at.

[NAME] opened his eyes to glance at the back of his palm as he felt numbness throughout his body. It keeps breaking... Jax closed his eyes and didn't even notice. It was [NAME] abstracting. He can't take the chance of injuring Jax; therefore, his hand went black and tiny eyes formed on top. However, he was also losing the ability to feel his body and his emotions were starting to wane. Like he didn't even exist.

"Jax..." Before the glitching spread over his whole body, [NAME] spoke a whisper. Forcing Jax to open his eyes and turn to face the person he is cradling in his embrace. His eyes grew horrified as he noticed that their silly, clown design was giving way to a dark, menacing one, and that his loving partner was glitching violently.

"But we need--" 

"Shush. Here, take this." Jax drop a stuffed rabbit foot in front of his partner. "Think of it as good luck. It'll protect you."

"Doll?" Jax let go of [NAME] and just looked at him in disbelief. attempting to take in the current situation. Jax is unsure on how to proceed. Take off? Cover? Remain? With caution since he's unsure of what may happen if he touched Jax, [NAME] lifted his finger and gradually moved it closer to his face.

[NAME] stare at the rabbit foot and picked it up. "...Thanks." He placed it on his chest and smiled. "I already feel safe with it near me." He flashed an innocent smile to Jax, not knowing that it's affects won't last long. 

"I'm sorry." The final words spoken by [NAME] before the black, pixelated glitch ate them apart. Jax scurried away, making sure there was room between them, as it grew larger. [NAME] completely abstracted. It growled and glared at Jax, who abruptly got to his feet while keeping his eyes fixed on the beast. Not creature, please. His lover! The individual he makes an effort to shield. Attempt to soothe. Aim to prevent him from becoming detached.

"[NAME]?" Jax whispered, hoping that it remembers him, but it instead lifts a huge hand to smash on the ground. Jax moved quickly and opened the door to leave the room. The creature wasn't happy and force itself out of its room, chasing down the rabbit. Jax hurried to his room, pulling out a key before accidentally dropping it. He cursed to himself and picked it up quickly. He pushes the key through the hole and shove the door open. He tries to close the door, but the creature's foot got in the way and force the door open. 

Making Jax fly off and land on his butt. He scooted away slowly as the creature got closer and closer. Getting ready to destroy the rabbit's body. As Jax scooted away, his back slam into the nightstand which dropped the rabbit foot that resembles [NAME]'s. It made the creature stop his movements and stare intensely at the rabbit foot. Jax noticed this and picked it up. He slowly stood up and brought the rabbit foot closer to one of the eyes. 

"I'm sorry that it didn't protect you..." The beast snarled gently in response to Jax's gentle reply. A few of the creature's eyelids closed as it started to relax. As the color of the other eye started to revert back to [NAME].

"Ja..." It struggled to speak as it only comes out as a glitchy, growl. 

"Are you still there?" It closed its eyes and leaned toward Jax as he cautiously raised his other hand and placed it on its face. "I guess, you are still there." Jax exhaled deeply and rubbed his face before he started to cry profusely. The creature tilts its head to one side and opens his eyes again.

~~~

"Jax, have you seen [NAME]? Last time I saw him was when he was in your room." Ragatha asked, worried for her friend. 

Jax shrugged and kept his cocky smile. "I don't know. Maybe he is hiding. Do me a favor and search for him, will you, doll?" 

"Jax, this is serious! He's your boyfriend, shouldn't you care a little bit at least? Or are you too cool for that?"

Jax wrapped his arm around Ragatha's neck to pull her closer to him. "Listen doll, I think you are being dramatic. [NAME] is probably around here. Where would he be off to? It's not like he escaped, especially with me being here." 

After pushing Jax away, Ragatha rolled her eyes. She turned away from him, realizing that Jax would not be of any use. To further irritate her, Jax waved her away with a smile. Jax turned around and left, making his way to his room. He came to a stop in front of him and fixed his gaze on the doorknob. [NAME] was on the opposite side, waiting for him.

His sweetheart, too large for the bed, was sleeping on the floor as he opened the door. Jax sat down beside the dozing creature and gave it a few pats. For the past month, Jax has been hiding him, so it has been difficult for the two of them. The circus staff has been looking for [NAME]. Not sure where they've disappeared to. Jax took sure to cover his partner with pillows and blankets all the time since he knew what would happen if Caine found out. However, the room is empty of eyes.

~~~

After several months, people started to speculate that [NAME] might have discovered a way out. Without success, the others frantically searched around in the hopes of discovering the exit as [NAME] did. Jax did nothing but watch them look for it and laugh at them all the time. But Zooble started to grow wary of the rabbit and started to follow him. Perhaps Jax is trying to drive them crazy by keeping [NAME] from them. Jax went into his own room, and Zooble pressed their ears to the door to hear what was going on.

"[NAME], be careful with your tail. You knock down the books again." Jax said on the other bed. 

Zooble was right! Zooble waited patiently for Jax to open the door which he did in 30 minutes. When Jax opened the door, Zooble shoved Jax to the aside and opened the door. 

"I knew you two were pulling a prank--" Zooble stopped talking as they are face to face with the creature.  "[NAME]?" 

The creature's eyes glowed with rage as it turned to face Jax, who had just fallen to the ground. It lifted a foot to crush Zooble, causing their bodies to briefly separate before coming back together.

"Woah. Calm down." Jax got to his feet and waved his hands to get the animal to go away from Zooble. Disregarding Jax, the beast started pursuing Zooble, who was already fleeing. As Jax pursued his sweetheart, Zooble frantically looked for a place to hide, making the chase seem endless. Up until Zooble met Caine, who was giving the others directions for their next journey.

"Caine, you mother@#$!, help me!" Zooble shouted out aloud. 

"Oh? What do we have here?" Caine stared at the creature who was still in the chase for Zooble. He snapped his fingers which lifted the beast into the air to stun them for a bit. 

"Hold up, Caine!" Jax shouted and gasped for breath. "That's [NAME]. They are... friendly. He's just a little scare, nothing more." Caine gave the beast a pitying glance as Jax attempted to clarify for [NAME].

"[NAME]? That's a shame. Another lover is lost." With the other abstract creatures inside, Caine unlatched the hole.

"What are you doing?" With startled eyes, Jax moved closer, as his partner fall into the hole alongside the others...

~~~

Sorry, for the lack of update! I got sick with a fever, feeling better.

Requested by: Haseokyy_