seventeen.

Waking up with the wound was much harder this time around.

Wincing, Haneul eased up, stretching her arms to the side so as not to irritate her stomach. She groaned, fire licking up her side as her legs swung off the edge of the bed. There was going to be a lot of ibuprofen in her future.

Aching and sore, Haneul hobbled to her bathroom at a snail's pace, her necklace brushing her throat as she grabbed the wall for support. Brushing her teeth and splashing her skin with cool water definitely helped her feel better, but her stomach growled defensively as she straightened up.

She shouldn't have felt antsy in her own apartment, but Haneul tiptoed along the hallway regardless, peeking around the corner to check and see if Minho was awake.

Thankfully, his eyes were still closed, his arms crossed against his chest peacefully. The blanket had migrated to his waist, and his rumpled shirt revealed a sliver of skin that sent Haneul frowning into the kitchen. She really needed to get out more if a waist was making her sweat.

     As quietly as possible, Haneul made a bowl of cereal with the basic groceries he'd forced her to purchase that week. Thanks to Minho, her kitchen was pretty well stocked. Her wallet wasn't going to thank him, though.

     Deciding that the floor would be the most comfortable place to eat, Haneul gingerly squatted down onto the hard surface and dug in, dripping milk down her chin by accident.

     A thud sounded from the living room a moment later, Haneul pausing over her cereal as she strained to hear more. Deep groans and a few expletives were spat after a few seconds, and she set her bowl on the counter before padding to the other room wearily.

     Minho had managed to tumble off the sofa, his legs tangling in the blankets as he blinked bleary eyes up at her. He tried to kick the blanket off of his uncooperative legs, stifling a curse when the movement caused tingling pain to shoot up his side.

     Haneul fought the urge to smirk at his discomfort. Now he knew how it felt.

     Finally he surrendered, melting into the floor in acceptance. Haneul nudged his hand with her toe, narrowly avoiding the swipe he made for her.

     "Need some help?" she asked dryly as she tapped his arm again.

     Groggily, Minho shook his head. "Leave me... sleep some more."

     To her bewilderment, Minho really did fall right back asleep. One leg still on the couch, a blanket twisted around his body and no pillow, the man snoozed like he was resting in a king sized bed.

     Haneul sighed, reaching down to grasp his shoulder before shaking it gently. "Come on, get back up here. Your back is gonna hurt a lot later if you don't."

     He apparently didn't hear her, his fatigue drowning out all other sensations. It took everything in Haneul not to release a primal shriek; she felt like she was babysitting and was definitely not getting paid.

     Attempting to be realistic about how comfortable she could get him while being mindful of her injury, Haneul knelt down and gripped his arm, heaving his chest partially onto her back; like a non consensual piggy back. Haneul took care not to put any strain on her wound as she maneuvered his body into position.

     Haneul braced herself and grunted, surging up swiftly and tilting her weight backwards. Minho landed successfully on the sofa, faint grumbling the only protest she received.

     Applauding herself, Haneul grinned and began to roll off of him, her feet meeting the floor victoriously. Until Minho squirmed onto his side and entrapped her hand in his vice-like grip.