32- adventure ahead

I've been thinking a lot recently about what Levi had said at the grave yard. "When I began to let go." Or something along the line. The words had became a pearl in my mind.

The more I thought about it, I knew I was ready to move on. Each and every day shows me more and more I can. He shows me I can. But I'm scared to.

I don't want something that I've known for so long to leave me. Even if it's a ghost of what it once was. What will I be without it? I'm worried to become a shell of myself.

Though yet, am I already a shell? All I do is think of the past ignoring what good lays in front of me. What I was given and how he chooses to never leave.

————

  "Why do you want to go again?" Levi looks to his side, where you lean against the kitchen counter of the scout head quarters giving a hopeful smile.

  "You see- I've been talking to the rest of the group and asked if they could help me with my old house. You know I still own it, and you've seen the state it's in. So I wanted to clean it up a bit, plant some new flowers; since most are dead, and just have some fun with it." His eyes never left your eyes as you explained. The way you spook, nothing was really different about it. In fact you weren't necessarily reminiscing about old times while you spoke to him. So you hadn't been looking different.

  But to him, you had appeared to glowing. The way you softly smiled when speaking of the flowers, which was probably formed by simply saying the words. Though he noticed it.

  "Why not, tell the group over dinner will you."

   "Yay." You were now smiling, giving a small clap of your hands before you softly step away from the counter. "Thank you captain"

  "It's just Levi remember." A small scoff leaving his mouth as he picks up a cup of tea he made himself, as well as you. He turns back and begins to walk to the swinging doors separating the dinner hungry scouts and the both of you.

  Though just as he makes it to the door he stops. Taking a small sip of his tea and looks back to you. As the cup leave his mouth he began to say, " I'll follow too, so we'll all be leaving around 11. The house needs cleaning."

  Then he leaves you, speechless and surprised.

  "Of corse Levi. Thank you."

  Even though he wasn't there to hear, you still let him know. You had originally wanted him to come along with you all. In fact you had planned to ask him after he agreed, assuming he would. Even so, him agreeing on his own, even better. And made you feel glad.

  After a moment or two you began to finally walk to the small group of remaining cadets, as the next batch has yet to join.

  Though you were trying to be quick, you being stubborn refused to use the crutches you were given and limped the way to them. And though the group could help, they knew better then too because you would swat them away if they tried.

  Finally you made it to the table where you sat next to Sasha at the end of the group and across from Armin. "So?"

  Jean had said looking at you with a piece of bread in hand.

  "If you mean what Captain said, he said we can go."  You said with a pit of excitement as the other shared the same sentiment with you.

  "He was well leave at 11 so be prepared."

   Armin had noticed the time, though it seemed like a small detail he was confused. "Why is he giving us a time if to leave? Shouldn't this be counted as a day off in a way?" He looked to you as everyone did the same, not thinking about it before he had said it.