Sing, My Angel

! Lucinda is an mobian OC that belongs to @//FafeiTweets on X!

✧✧✧

Shadow fastened his pace as ran through crowds of Arkrenia, huffing and panting for breath as his fist was raised side by side - his gaze searching for the particular thief.

He couldn't believe it himself that he would be needing someone such as Sonic in order to lead Maria in pairs down the rocky path of the town and guide her to the stage as a surprise. In fact, he could have done it on his own, yet after the day Sonic had left his mind without a plan of his own way of celebration regarding Maria's special day made his frustration tick in every minute that passed.

In years of isolation, he had never indulged himself in towards anything such as having a party for their anniversaries of birth - let alone experiencing himself of how it would feel to be involved in one. For years he had been celebrating on his own and could only spare half of his time on his schedule for a short celebration with a feast prepared by Maria herself, until he was called in by the team of philosophers to continue on to their research towards him.

However, his need for the thief in this case was unusual. He needs it to be perfect. Well-planned, done ideally and fulfilling Maria's needs of happiness after years of dullness.

For this celebration to succeed, he must. Whatever the reason, he paid no attention to details, regardless of whether it was a matter of need or possession. He must find Sonic.

Later his eyes gazed upon the strings and ribbons above tied loosely along the trees around the plaza. Each ribbon had their own set of color; while most were Maria's notable tinge of gold mixed with sky blue, nothing else was worth an eye for a long-waited night.

For Maria's sake, and his as well.

His steps became faster and faster - soon he saw a familiar figure. Peach hair, quills as soft as a texture of a newly knitted fabric with a red bow tied in her hair - and the one he had his eyes on were none other than the owner of Mayflour bakery.

"Miss Rose!"

He called out towards the baker's direction who seemed to be occupying herself to accessorize the dining tables along with a few volunteers from the festival committee and some of her loyal customers.

"Miss Rose!" he repeated, running past the table that had a variety of her homemade nourishment laid out upon the lustrous teal covers on top. She couldn't hear him at first due to the busk of crowd surrounding him that caused him to drown his voice.

In the event that his steps stopped just in front of her table, there had been several large trays of food stacked up and he was panting while resting his hand on the edge, which Amy recognized immediately.

"My lord!" She exclaimed in surprise as her eyes widened, "Are you alright? Why are you..."

"Sonic..." He breathed out, finally catching his breath, "...Have you seen him?"

She tilted her head to the side as it led where she thought Sonic might have been.
"No. Not since this morning... Is everything alright? Did anything happen along the way, my lord?"

"I need to find Sonic," Shadow replied in an instant,his heels took a step back as he gazed at the area around him with anxiousness in his voice.

"Calm down, my lord. It is still early before sunset. I'm sure he will be by your side soon."

Shadow shook his head dismissively by the idea, "That's not it. You know how he is. Always running off somewhere and doing things without telling me first!" Shadow huffed out loud, crossing his arms against his chest in a frustrated pout.