𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

We're supposed to stick together from now on.

Oh god.

What?

"I know this may seem like an inconvenience right now, but for safety reasons, you need to stick together as one group." Dad is standing at the front of the room. Once Griffin and Tanner came back - with haunted looks on their face - Dad rounded everyone up and started talking about what was going to happen now.

"So, you want us to like... hang out?" Parker asks.

"Essentially, yes. During school mostly, because a bigger group is harder to kidnap than a smaller one."

"We're at kidnapping a risk?!" Macey shrieks.

"No. Constance is."

"So to get this straight, you are having all of us hang out at school because Constance could possibly be kidnapped?" Parker says.

"Yes," Dad sighs. If looks could kill.

"Then let them kidnap me!" I say. Anything would be better than having to hang out with them.

"Constance listen to me-" Dad starts to say but he's interrupted by the door flying open. Josie leaps inside the door hitting the wall behind it.

"I'm sorry I'm late, there was a whole ass problem with the plumbing and shit at my house." She looks up and is very clearly surprised by the extra eight people sitting around the room. "Oh shit sorry, am I interrupting? Shit. I'll go. Sorry, Talk later boss." She exits the room and shuts the door.

"Um, what was I saying?" Dad starts clearly baffled by that.

"You were telling us how all our lives are about to go to shit," I offer.

"That yes, right. Ok. I know this seems stupid but for all of your safety you need to hang out more - try not to hang out with other people too much, that'll give whoever's behind this more ammunition by bringing more people into this."

"So like after school, we can't like go to parties?" Connor asks.

'Unfortunately yes."

"The fuck?" Connor mumbles.

"Right before we finish do you want us to like each put on a metal muzzle or put ankle trackers on?" I ask.

"Connie," Vance warns. I put my hands up in surrender, leaning back.

"If any of you need anything during this period, contact us with these numbers," Dad says picking up a stack of business cards. "Or you can go to Constance who can bring it to us."

I'm pretty sure if I wasn't the daughter of an FBI official I would be lying on the ground right now with a black eye and broken teeth.

Vance then takes over from Dad when he leaves to find out what happened with Josie.

"So basically, you can shit all over Connie for this, I know I'll be."

"Oh come on!" I say.

Vance smiles at the group and then turns to me. "And you, have training now."

"Oh yeah, I've got to kick your ass, don't I?" I say back smirking. "Too bad I'm skipping."

"No you're not, Casey is waiting for you."

I motion to the girls behind me. "What about them?"

"They can watch if they want, join in if they're feeling extra energetic."