𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

He's staring at me.

And I'm staring back. I think I see his eyes widen and shock fills his brown eyes, but it's gone in a blink.

"Why are you gawking at Griffin Prescott?" Quinn leans over and asks. That snaps me out of it quickly.

I play the dumb card, "Who?" Quinn shoots a look at Griffin who was now seating himself at the back of the classroom. I can feel his eyes glaring at the back of my head.

"Him, the one who just came in? The guy Charlotte has a ridiculously obvious crush on?"

That's who Charlotte was calling off-limits? Should've seen that coming. He is good looking even if he is a dick.

Mr. Aster calls out to the class asking who's finished entering the portal, and starts to hand out books around the classroom, 'Hamlet' thumps onto my desk and I cringe, great Shakespeare.

"Class, I want you to open up those books and start reading at your own pace taking notes on your computers, at the end of the period I will give you a quiz I want you to complete, it's due tomorrow."

Ruffles fill the room as people flip open books to start. We've sat in quietly the occasional cough breaking the silence, when I felt something hit the back of my head.

I turn around and see a crumpled-up piece of paper on the floor under my chair. I pick it up and unravel it. Dark letters sit on the paper waiting for me.

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧. 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟𝐟.

I cough to cover up my laugh, what are we eleven? Charlotte sending threatening notes just cracks me up, I have no idea what she's trying to achieve. Whatever it is, it's not working. I flatten the note and stick it in my book using it as a bookmark. I look back at Charlotte who is staring daggers at me smile innocently and mouth the words 'thank you, that was beautiful' while placing my hand on my heart.

Her jaw clenches and she looks away. Nothing else happens for the rest of the class, and as promised we were each given homework, on the first day of school, due tomorrow.

"What was that in class?" Quinn asks as soon as we leave the room.

I open up my bag and book and pull the note out. "This," I say handing her the note.

Quinn loses it. "That's the least threatening note I've ever read." She's still giggling when she hands it back to me.

"I think I'm going to frame it. You know, like up on the fireplace type shit."

"Even better, tell her that."

We laugh all the way back to our lockers which Charlotte did actually manage to show me the way to, before our "amicable" split.

I unload all my stuff into the locker and follow Quinn to hers. We then make our way to the cafe. As it's called, not cafeteria, cafe. It's a literal cafe. I order a coffee and sandwich to go and stand aside waiting for my name to be called. Quinn orders some extravagant thing that cost like twenty dollars before joining me.

"This is insane," I say looking around the shop, it has plants in every spot available like the office. It must be a running theme. "You actually have a fucking cafe in your school."