5. "You Talk A Lot."

Start from the beginning

Sad part? He's cocky, annoying and a big, big jerk. 

I think.

 He was about to say something when suddenly his eyes widened, at something behind me.

I turned in curiosity- when something extremely heavy, big and furry knocked me over. I fell to the floor with a shriek, as this creature began to lick my face, panting and drooling all over me.

I stared back into the bright brown eyes of the dog's and couldn't help but smile at how adorable this husky pup was. I sat up, pushing it off me, before wiping my face with the sleeve of my sweater. It was no bigger than a teddy bear, and it was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. I was still sitting in the middle of the mall, with an adorable husky pup all over me when Cage laughed. 

"This pup definitely likes you. But why is there a husky all by itself in the mall?" Cage wondered out loud as he crouched down to pet it. I smiled at it as it wagged its tail over enthusiastically, scratching it behind its ears. 

"I don't know. Maybe it belongs to somebody," I replied, my hands searching around the husky's neck. Luckily, I felt a little tag around its red collar. 

"Collin," I read as the gold letters shimmered under the mall lights. "That's all it says. No address, nothing."

"I have a bad feeling that dogs aren't allowed in malls, Kit," Cage suddenly said and I glanced up to see a security guard marching up to us.

"Excuse me, sir and ma'am? It's strictly against the rules to let a dog enter our premises, and you'll be having to pay a fee for going against them," the guard said. Cage and I looked at each other.

I was extremely bad at handling such situations like these.

Cage, on the other hand, could talk with ease.

"Hello, sir!" he said, with a big smile. "Yes, we did know that it's against the rules but the problem here is that, this dog doesn't belong to us. We just found it a couple of moments ago."

The guard gave us a sideways look, sizing us both up. I wanted to scowl at him but I plastered a fake smile on my face. 

"This dog doesn't belong to you guys?" he questioned. "No, it doesn't," Cage responded, leaning down and picking the husky out of my hands. I got to my feet, dusting myself off. The guard was still staring at the dog in Cage's hands.

"This dog isn't yours?" he asked again and I shook my head in annoyance.

"We already said that it wasn't," I said in annoyance, rolling my eyes. Cage gave me a look at my rude tone. "Sir," I added, extremely sarcastically.

"Ah, then I'll be having to take this fellow to the lost and found room. Poor guy," the guard muttered, shaking his heady sympathetically. The dog's ears perked up, looking around curiously at us, cuddling up against Cage's chest as he held it's leash protectively.

"What are you guys going to do with it?" I asked the guard.

 He sighed, shrugging. "Well, we'll most likely announce it over the speakers. And if nobody still responds, then we have no choice but to send it to the-"

"Don't tell me that you'll send it to the shelter!" I interrupted, pleadingly. "You can't send it to the shelter! That's not fair! The poor thing!"

 Cage looked at me weirdly. So did the guard. So did the husky.

"Ma'am, I have to-" the guard was interrupted by a different scream. We all looked up to see a thirteen year old girl rushing up to us, her eyes filled with tears. Her face was filled with relief as she saw the dog in Cage's hands.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, YOU FOUND HIM!" she squealed, her eyes shining. "Thank you so much, thank you so much! It ran from the car all the way in the parking lot to here, I thought he was lost forever and thank you so much!"

Cage laughed before he handed the dog's leash to the girl. She kissed it before it licked her face.

"Ma'am, it's against the rules to let a pet enter-" the guard began when Cage shut him down. 

"Sir, it's obviously an accident and I don't think this puppy was aware of the rules. I'm sure it will be leaving the premises anyways," Cage said politely but there was authority in his voice. 

The guard just shrugged. "Okay then. It's time for my break anyways. It better get off the premises soon, before any other guard sees it," he grumbled before he walked off, giving us one last meaningful glance.

The girl still was hugging her dog. "Thank you guys so much! You found Collin, he means so much to me!"

Cage laughed. "It's alright. That's one hell of a dog you have there."

"Thank you," the girl blushed, and I could see that she already kind of had a crush on Cage. "And also, thank you for saving him. I don't know what I'd have done if I didn't find him.."

"Don't worry about it," Cage winked at her, and I just smiled.  

"Thank you once again!" she gushed, before smiling at me too. "I have to go now, it was awesome meeting you two. You guys make an awesome couple!" I raised my eyebrows at that, giving Cage a look. I waited for Cage to tell her that I wasn't his girlfriend, but it was of no use.

Cage just smirked, and thanked the girl, completely agreeing to the fact that we were a couple. The girl left before I could stop her and tell her that we weren't a couple and I scowled at Cage. "What is with you?!"

"What?" he smirked, pretending to be all innocent. 

I just rolled my eyes at him. "Wow, just wow," I muttered. "I don't even know why I bother anymore. And can you stop following me? It's kind of creepy!"

"I'm not following you around!" he laughed. "I'm just going to the same place as you are."

"I have no idea where I'm going," I informed him, crossing my arms across my chest.

 "That's my exact point," Cage said, in a very matter-of-fact kind of way. "Besides, I'm sure your brunette friend is looking for you. We better go back up to the food court."

I frowned. "She's not looking for me, I know her."

"Are you sure?" he frowned, and I nodded. "Of course not, she'd have messaged at least if she was looking for me," I pulled my phone out. ''See? No new texts from Gabby-" I froze when I stared at the screen.

17 missed calls from "Mommy"

Holy shit. I'm screwed.

-x-