"And that's usually true. I am a pretty patient individual." He went on, "But not today. You have tested its limits and this is it. This is the end of my patience."

She placed her hand against her mouth. "Ooh, I'm so scared."

"You're not scared yet? That's okay. Because I'm just getting started." He eased his hands into his pockets as he took a leisurely step forward. "Now I know how prideful you are. You will make me beg until I satisfy your humongous ego. You'll make me toil day and night until you're content with it. But my question is why?" He took another step. "Why should I go through all that..."

And another step. "Why must I work so hard..." Suddenly, Heiran wasn't feeling quite confident anymore. "...when I can just make you forgive me?"

She wasn't fond of the weird direction this conversation was going. She definitely didn't like that look in his eyes either. "W-what do you mean? What are you trying to do, Jungkook?"

He prowled forward another step. Heiran stepped back, feeling quite unsettled by his demeanor.
"Ah, it's been way too long since I've heard you say my name."

That voice. She knew that voice too well. That deep predatory rasp...Jeon Jungkook only ever used that voice when he—

F*ck.

"J-jungkook, don't. Stop."

Heiran stumbled back as he took another step, a vile smirk on his lips. "Stop what?"

"Stay right there. Stay!"

He chuckled amused as she drew back. "What am I? A dog?" Nevertheless, he did not heed her command.

"Don't! You can't! It's cheating!" she cried, holding her hand out to keep him at bay. It wasn't working.

"Ever heard of that phrase?" He asked, languidly. "All is fair in love and war."

Heiran flinched at the word and he stopped. Good. At least he'd stopped. She stared cautiously, trying to calm her racing heart. She couldn't tell anymore if it was pounding because of her burning hatred for the L-word or because of the way he was looking at her. The mutual truce lasted for about five seconds before a wicked smile split his lips.

Heiran decided that was it. "F*ck it."

She turned around and took off, and he was right onto her. She circled around the sofa, trying to steer him out of the way so that she could escape into the confines of her bedroom when her sprained ankle gave out with a searing pain, and she began her descent to the floor. "Argh!"

Maybe Heiran shouldn't have forgotten about her sprain yet. Her face headed straight for the floor and she threw her hands to the front to break her fall. She didn't even want to begin thinking about the absolute humiliation she was about to face, not to mention the damage to her face. Suddenly, she paused mid-air and felt an arm around her tummy. Heiran winced. Sighing at her own stupidity, she regained her balance. But she wasn't defeated yet. She quickly tried to turn around to fend him off and get back inside her room. Before she even got a fighting chance, his hand circled around her mouth and clamped it shut and soon she was lifted up into the air. "That's enough, Heiran."

"GEMPH MMPH MNN!" She thrashed out her arms in a vain attempt to free herself but the man was way too strong. "LEPH MNNN GUGHH!"

"Not happening, sweetheart."

"LEPHH GUGHHHH!"

"Quiet now. We don't want to wake up your mother, do we?"

"MFUF YOU!"

"How crass."

Heiran desperately flapped her arms and legs, trying to look for any means of escape when Yoongi's bedroom door opened, spilling a beam of light into the dark living room. As if the overlords had heard her prayer, Minseo stood by the door with a mask on, her expression intrigued at the scene before her. Jungkook froze at the unexpected interruption, and so did Heiran, surprised at her luck.