Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon

Start from the beginning

"Where the fuck are they?!" Hector shouted as he looked from screen to screen.
"Who was put in charge of Amity Colosseum's security?? I swear there are more security cameras at a strip club than here." Hector added in frustration before Ironwood said.

"...Atlas did... we put the security cameras up..."

"...oh..." Hector replied before blinking several times and saying,
"W-Well at least add some!"

Before Ironwood could even begin to regret being in the same room as the bounty hunter they saw Penny get seemingly tied up my her own swords strings before Pyrrha extended her arms even further which to even Hector's shock cut Penny's arms and legs.

To further Hector's shock to the point his jaw dropped instead of seeing blood and bone he instead saw green wires and cold hard steel. Slowly turning towards Ironwood and vice versa.

Ironwood then ran out the room and Hector took ran after Ironwood shouting,
"Even when I warned you all, you still manage to fail?!"

But as he and th general ran through the halls the screens turned into a haunting deep red color with a queen's chesspiece in the center.
As they burst into the control booth where Dr. Oobleck and professor Port were Hector shouted,

"Cut it off now!"

"We can't, we appear to be locked out!" Oobleck said as he pressed various buttons. Then a familiar voice rang through the speakers.

"This is not a tragedy. This was not a accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children to men who claim to be our guardians. But are in reality, nothing more than men."

'...Cinder...' Hector thought bitterly as he looked down at the arena.

"Our Academy Headmasters wield more power than most armies. And one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace. And yet what do we have here? One nations attempt at a synthetic army. Mercilessly torn apart by a star pupil. What need would Atlas have to disguise a soldier as a innocent little girl? I don't think Grimm could tell the difference."

Hector then turned to Ironwood before grabbing the general by his collar with both of his hands and pulling him down to eye level where Ironwood's face was right in front of his signature smile which Hector said,

"You brought your army here now fucken use them!" To which Hector let go albeit with a small push before leaving.

"And what's I ask you, is what Ozpin been teaching his students. First a dismemberment now this. Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy. Yet I have witnessed neither."

As Hector ran through the halls he activated the air crystals as he knew he would need all the air he could get if he wanted to get to and kill anything that got in his way.

"Perhaps Ozpin thought defeating Atlas would help people forget his colossal failure when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied a unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue who is right and who is wrong. But I know that the existence of peace is fragile. And the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with a iron glove."

As Hector ran into through the hallway that eventually felt led to the arena since through the arena had a sort of shortcut to the docking bay where he could get to Beacon Academy quickly. However as he went towards one of the entrances he found a crying Ruby on her knees.

"As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is....equally undesirable. Our kingdoms are at the brink of war, yet we the citizens are left in the dark. So I ask you, when the first shots are fired, who do you think you can trust?"