Chapter 24: Trouble

"So that's it? The drunk comes in with a large payout and you just want to run into Ozpin's hands?" Traya said in disbelief at her apprentice.

"Better than constantly getting hit in the chest." Hector replied with his back facing towards her in her room she rented.

Hector was currently working on his signature gas mask while wearing the other one since he was busy upgrading it.

On the left side it held two cylinder like slots for air type dust. It would connect to the gas mask's bottom half where his mouth was. The purpose of this is so that when he activates one of the crystals it would forcefully send oxygen down his nostrils.

Like a athlete hitting supplemental oxygen, it would grant Hector greater endurance and make him faster.

"And I see that you've helped yourself with another two trophies?" Traya asked the trick question while glancing at the Deathslinger's hat and revolver at Hector's side.

"Yeah well one: Oz is gonna pay me good.
Two: Mistral is already passing a bill that's gonna fuck me over harder than Mia Khalifa.
And three: I kinda wanna make students piss themselves."

"W-Who is Mia Khalifa?" Traya asked genuinely confused.

"...Uh...w-well..."

LINEBREAK

Qrow was at the bar (not surprising) waiting to Hector to come out to tell him whether or not Traya was on board or not.

However a young man with a hunting rifle came running through the doors hurriedly.

"B-Bandits! I-I found t-them scouting us out!"

"We need to prepare!"
"Good thing we have a Huntsmen and The Bounty Hunter."
"But how long until they attack??"

The patrons said to one another which Qrow was himself thankful for. However knowing that both Traya and Hector were here, it would mean that there would be disagreements between the two.

As if on cue both Hector and Traya were seen coming down the stairs with Qrow noticing Hector's small upgrade to his gas mask.

As Qrow got up he asked the duo.
"So have you decided?"

"She was a bit hesitant at first but we've come to a consensus."

"And what is it?" Qrow asked swirling the whiskey in his cup with ice cubes.

"One last test to prove that he's learned what I've taught him and not coming in one ear and leaving the other." Traya said.

Before Qrow could respond the same young man that warned them about the bandits went up to Hector and Traya.

"Hey Bounty Hunter, ma'am." He said nodding in respect before adding.

"The mayor is willing to pay you and the Huntsmen good if you protect the town from the oncoming bandit attack."

"Bandits? Where are they?" Hector said as if he wanted to fight them right then and there.

"I-uh I only saw them leaving as if they were scouting us out." He responded.

The attention turned to Hector who turned around with hands behind his back looking down as if thinking.

"Bandits always attack first right?" Hector asked not turning around.

"Yes, they do." Traya replied which Hector said.

"Then we'll see how they like it if we attack them first."

Then multiple whispers were heard before Qrow stepped in holding up one hand with a open plam while the other held held his drink.

"Woah now hold on we don't exactly know how many we're dealing with and we don't even know where they are."