Chapter 28: Meeting

Two months had past since Hector had accepted the deal and Hector had done a pretty good job keeping on the lowkey thanks to his previous... profession.

He informed Ozpin and requested any information on the White Fang and Torchwick he could. Going as far back since The White Fang declared their operations in Vale aswell as Torchwick's rise to fame.

To say how the both of them ended up working together didn't make sense but somewhat did.

To say Hector did a deep history dive on the White Fang and Torchwick would be a understatement.

'Why would the White Fang work with Torchwick? Okay let's start with a possible reasons why.
One: They needed someone who could smuggle large amounts of dust.

Two: Torchwick's connections are vast and good. Like information and access to key hotspots in the city.

Three: Torchwick was probably told he would get a part of the dust. Which would be very valuable especially since every ounce of it is being stolen. Which means that the price of dust right now is very fucken high.

But even then... Why would the biggest human hating Adam Taurus work with Torchwick who sounds like an arrogant selfish asshole.

Okay maybe not selfish since he got that ice cream killing woman... she kinda cute though- FOCUS HECTOR!

Okay!... even then, they wouldn't get along for this long unless... what if someone forced them too? But who? AND HOW DOES THIS CONNECT TO AMBER!'

Hector thought as he slammed his facy desk with both of his fists in frustration. No matter how many times he asked Ozpin why they wanted Amber it was always,

'It's personal for her.'

Which didn't exactly help him see the big picture. And time was up the essence since many from outside the kingdoms were now coming in for the Vytal Festival.

The only upsides of his investigation was that he was able to figure out some White Fang hotspots where they would hangout or recruit people... which he saw a statistical increase in White Fang activity since the Vytal Festival was coming closer and closer.

Hector also wasn't too excited that he was about to meet the woman who he escaped from so easily. But Qrow assured him that he can throw an insult or two as long as Ozpin or he was there.

However there was one particular large White Fang recruitment in roughly two days. As Hector leaned back on his nice leather office chair overlooking the warehouse where the meeting was, he heard his scroll ring once.

Looking at the screen he saw a notification from Qrow saying that Irondick arrived which Hector predicted many future annoyances as he shook his head. Reading the rest of the message it said Ozpin wanted to personally hear his plans alongside the everyone else including Amber.

Hector still didn't know why she cared so much about him. She seemed happy that he had returned to Beacon but was outraged to hear that he wasn't their to attend class.

He was sure he saw fire emit from her eyes when she marched towards Ozpin's tower. In the meantime Hector had yet again changed his look a little.

He had on his dark gray military pants, black knee and arm pads, coat which he added a hood. Alongside the new amor piece he had gotten from Mistral with Qrow.

He had also took the liberty of making something he lacked in his arsenal... grenades!

It took Hector over a month and over 10,000 lien to get it just right like the ones back on earth.
He carried four with him just in case in a steel reinforced pouch to prevent in accidents. It was going to be embarrassing if he got taken out by his own creation.