joy.

The world is cruel. Twisted. The thing about love is that it's partly cruel, because you are unwillingly devoted to another.

Vulnerability is one part of it. Open to be crushed, defeated and destroyed.

When the clave preach emotions are are dangerous. Are they wrong?

Think about it. You'd kill for those you'd love. Is murder justifiable? You'd die for those you'd love? Now, how worth it is that? A loss of life for one petty feeling.

I didn't find it hard to trick my brother, Alec that is. Jace is the scum on the bottom of my destroyed converse sneakers.

He's just another pawn that I decided not to kill. He'd be useful later.

The thing about manipulation, is that it's quite simple. It's just very good acting.

The downworlder uprising was obviously something concocted by the clave, to cover up the whole Valentine debacle.

"Isabelle, we need to go now!", Jace screeched.

He was pathetic. I thought he had more resolve, but clearly not. I mean I thought it would be harder to get him hooked on yin fen. I guess his adventurous nature would be his downfall. What a fortunate shame.

"He'll be fine", I said coldly.

He would. The clave decided to finally test Temp. Or what I like to call a walking, talking complication.

She was extremely powerful, and it was suspected she had pure angel blood flowing through her narrow veins. She created a shield. A shield.

She was unfortunately superior, so I had to ensure Alec's safety for her compliance. That deal was harder to broker.

"Isabelle please", he begged.

Alec would be here in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

"Isabelle, we have to...", he continued.

5, 4, 3...

2.

1.

"We almost died!", Alec yelled.

"It was a fucking dead end, that's what it was", Temp complained. This one. She was always brazen, swearing at any opportunity just for kicks. I'd like to kick her teeth out.

"What else happened?", I asked innocently.

"Nothing", Alec said. Liar.

"Are you sure?", I asked again.

"Yes, do you think I'm lying?", he questioned.

I shrugged.

"Isabelle. Come on. You should trust me", he countered.

Trust my foot.

"Sure", I said.

They'd get what was coming to them. The clave would see to it. I just had to be patient.

All hope would be lost soon, and I'd cherish it.

I haven't always been hateful, but naturally it's very human ( as human I am), to choose self preservation over any moral obligations society lords over everyone. I know I'll always choose myself first, so let's see if they can save themselves from ruin.