"I'm sorry, what?" I blinked flummoxed, my eyes automatically finding their way to the one woman I would love listening those words from. But she looked totally unaffected.

"Ease my way to dance on the strings of your cords," Kiya traced the side of my cheek with her index finger. Stopping it in midway, I said, "I'm supposed to help you all. Anyways, you and Karan are going to perform together. So, shall we begin?"

Everyone started dancing except Kuhoo, who was left with no partner. I was observing their steps meticulously when she came and stood by my side.

"Sorry Chaturvedi, I wasn't certain if you are coming today or not. Earlier I had asked this cousin of mine to be your dance partner but that was two days back. Should I ask him to come tomorrow?" Rahul asked loudly, his voice piercing the music.

"It's fine. I just came because of the series of texts you sent me last night, can't promise anything as of now," Kuhoo replied.

"Are you not going to dance then?" He asked.

"I anyways don't have a partner." She shrugged.

I was standing beside her. She just had to say the word and I would happily hold her hand till the end of this universe. Oh, basically I was ready to be her partner. But she didn't offer me anything. And what was with her not replying to my texts?

"Ouch," Kiya screamed as Karan accidently stepped on her right foot. I moved swiftly as my eyes registered her legs losing balance and Karan's arms extending to save his partner. I was late though, because she fell straight into my arms and the next second I landed on the floor with her on top of me while Kuhoo stared at us with a wide open mouth.

"Are you fine, boss?" Freyer ran in our direction and forwarded a hand for me to get up while Kuhoo helped Kiya.

Through the corner of my eyes, I scanned her face for signs of agitation, anger, a little bit jealousy, anything. But she had no reaction. Why didn't she feel an ounce of jealousy? And why was I so much affected by her indifference?

"Feels like the world wants us to get closer. Are you sure you don't want to be with me?" Kiya mumbled holding the sides of my arms.

"Karan, you need to move forward slowly. That should solve this. One more time, come on." I clapped to cheer them up signaling Frey to resume the song.

"Fine, I get it you can't step out of your professional boundaries," Kiya uttered and I finally let out a breath of relief but it was short lived as she added, "How about we meet outside this setting? What are you doing after our rehearsals tonight? How about a nice dinner and then we could take it forward from there?"

Pressing the lips in a thin line, I answered, "Winter has started. It gets really cold outside darling, so I prefer staying home at nights."

"That's even better," She smiled coquettishly and that was when I realized where this was going. I didn't decipher my words of dismissal could be twisted to get an exactly opposite message. Frey, Kuhoo and Rahul were looking at me curious while Riya glared at her younger sister disapprovingly.

"Right, I would love to invite you and your family over a dinner Ms. Khurana but I'm sure it'll be difficult since you are busy with all the arrangements for functions." I resumed the music myself and waved my hands in air for them to start dancing.

"Takes courage to refuse such a direct approach," Kuhoo commented.

"Says who?" I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, you said something?" I pretended to be oblivious.

Shaking her head, she added, "Nice place, by the way."