"Did Jasper come to you?" She asked and Sasha nodded.

"Yes, he did." 

"I don't understand, why they separated the newly wedded couple. It doesn't make sense and Jasper didn't do anything about it either." She said and Sasha just quietly listened to her.

They were separated for the better.

"Forget about it. Why don't you sleep here tonight? It gets really weird here in the middle of the night." Sasha said, turning to face the old lady. "Just say you are scared." The old granny said in a teasing tone and Sasha pinched her little nose making her yelp as she lightly slapped Sasha's hand away.

"More like I missed you," Sasha said and the granny shook her head at Sasha. "Stop buttering me." She said and Sasha huffed out. Sasha grabbed her hand and made her sit on the bed. "I'm getting changed. Please, sleep here tonight. It gets lonely." Sasha said in a meek tone and the old granny squeezed her hands, immediately getting affected by it.

"Of course, I'll sleep here." She said, changing her tone as well and Sasha passed her a smile before limping into the restroom. She got changed but didn't take off her makeover. If she did, the old granny would see all those sinful marks on her neck, given to her by that monster.

She limped out of the restroom, blew off a few candles, and locked everything while the old lady watched her actions keenly. Once done, she jumped on the bed, beside the old lady.

"Ah-huh, are we going to sleep with the candles on?" Granny asked and Sasha laid down on the bed, hugging the lady's waist while she was still sitting. "Yeah, I blew off most of them," Sasha said in a tired voice. 

"You know it's not good to leave the candles like this at night." The granny said in a scolding tone and Sasha whined. "Come on, it's just a few. They will blow off on their own. Now, lay down already." Sasha forced her down on the bed and hugged her.

The old lady covered both of their bodies properly with the blanket. She was on the verge of tears. It has been so long since Sasha acted like this with her. Was the marriage finally working for her? However, she noticed how scared Sasha was, locking everything in a hustle. 

Maybe, because Jasper wasn't with her.

She was feeling happy about all of this but she had her doubts as well.

Sasha usually doesn't hide anything from her, so considering this she must have been telling the truth about her injuries.

"Goodnight, honey." The old granny said and drifted off to sleep.

Sasha was awake when the granny wished her 'goodnight'.

She was at ease because of the old lady's presence. This old granny has been with her ever since Sasha was born. Sasha has seen this old lady in her beautiful era as well. Though the granny appears stern with rules and ethics, she still cares for her.

Sasha took a deep breath and soon she drifted off to sleep as well.

*********

At night time.

When the whole castle was asleep.

When the corridors were indulged in darkness with not a single soul around.

Sasha was peacefully sleeping beside her granny. Dusting off all the exhaustion that was settled on every part of her bone. She was dozing off way deeper than ever, unable to feel the presence of the man right on top of her.

Due to the dimly lit room, his huge shadow cascaded on either side of the wall. His long dark silver strands were falling down and were covering both of their faces from one sight. She was on her right side, so her left cheek was right in front of his gaze.

It had been so long since he had felt this immense surge of anger within him.

How dare he touch his little Sasha? 

His!

Ragnar's!

His hands were in tight fists.

His jaw was clenched and specks of red could be seen taking over his gray hues.

He swore, he didn't even move and the girl was already staring up at him looking terrified as ever.

While in her sleep, Sasha moved closer to the granny but she felt something soft and silky touching the right side of her face. The more she became conscious of her surroundings the more she felt colder as a familiar scent invaded her nostrils and alerted her senses.

It was a musky scent mixed with the scent of tobacco.

Not soon after she realized this, she felt something, no, someone was touching her left cheek and a zap of shiver ran down her spine making her snap her eyes open.

All the breath was knocked out of her system when she came face to face with the monster on top of her.

Tonight...was another nightmare for her.