𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

"[Y/N], JUST LISTEN TO ME—," KAISER SAID

She sighed, staring out the window like it was the most interesting thing she had ever seen. "Kaiser."

The bluntness of her voice made Kaiser stiffen; he had never seen her genuinely angry before.

"Just drive." She stated. "Please just drive."

He sighed, giving in to her. That was exactly the problem - [Y/n] made him so... compliant. Kaiser was scared though he would prefer to die before he actually admitted that to anyone. He was scared of what she could do to him, scared that she might actually make him fall in love.

That was very unlikely though.

The whole ride back to Kaiser's house was silent. Despite that, he still found himself glancing at [Y/n] at any opportunity; his heart ached in a way he had never felt before.

Once they arrived, [Y/n] got out of the car herself, slamming the door behind. She lugged her suitcase all the way up to the front door, and going inside without a word.

Kaiser almost ran after her, immediately feeling stupid once he got to the door.

Ness sat on the couch, looking at Kaiser's schedule. "You're late."

"Excuse me?" He was slight taken aback at Ness' tone; he had never dared to be rude to him.

"I said," Ness lifted his head, "You are late."

He stood speechless for a minute, unable to digest anything. He had just been practically humiliated by the one woman who he actually, maybe, possibly had real genuine feelings for - even if it was his fault.

Kaiser sighed briskly, rubbing circles on his temple. "Ness," He grumbled, "What do you want?"

"Sit."

Not in the right mind, Kaiser obeyed without a peep.

"Kaiser," Ness faced Kaiser, leaning across the couch slightly, "She isn't good for you."

Silence.

"What do you mean?" Kaiser started, "What are you implying?"

He became quite defensive, for an unknown reason; someone other than him even thinking about [Y/n] made him itch.

Ness' bottom lip trembled while he contemplated his reply. "I thin— I think you know what I mean, Kaiser." He mumbled, avoiding eye contact.