Chapter 6: Cheers

Levi pushed the double doors open and walked through the security check point, putting less weight on his right leg.

"Good morning, Mr. Ackerman!" Connie and Sasha cheered in unison, Sasha's mouth being full of toast. Levi winced as the high pitched sound interrupted his quiet morning. He simply nodded his head at them and continued to his office.

Connie glanced at Sasha, "He's awfully quiet this morning." Connie whispered in case he was still in earshot of Levi. Sasha simply mumbled something about that not being unusual as she took another large bite of her breakfast. Connie rolled his eyes. Eren walked past the two letting out a large yawn.

"What's up with you, Jaeger?"

"It's too early for you to be this cheery." Eren grumbled.

"Well you never were and early bird were you, Eren?" Connie laughed.

Eren smiled, "How's Levi?" He questioned. They all new Levi had not been the same after the incident, but they also knew he didn't like to talk on the subject.

Hanji noticed right away that something was off with Levi. He was acting cold, well, colder than usual. If she asked him something he would reply briefly and curtly, allowing no room for small talk. When she'd wave him down from across the room he would look the other way. If Hanji was being honest it really hurt her. She didn't know him very well but she thought that they were becoming friends. She wondered what happened.

To her dismay, Levi was not at the cafeteria. She shrugged it off and sat with Eren, Jean, Connie and Sasha.

"Hey Hanji, me, horse face, Connie, and Potato Girl are all going out tonight, you wanna join? We're also planning on asking Erwin and Levi!" Eren said excitedly.

"I think Armin and Christa are coming too!" Sasha added.

"Of course, sounds like fun!" Hanji replied and Sasha gave her a high five.

"Can I bring my roommate? She really wants to meet you guys!" Hanji asked, hoping they would say yes.

"Yes!" They all agreed.

"The more chicks the merrier!" Connie stated earning a slap from Sasha.

Hanji sent a text to Mikasa.

EvilGenius: Heeeey some of my work friends are going out tonight and they want us to come! You up for it?! 🍻

Baddie: Sure, will Eren be there 👀

Hanji laughed at her phone before texting back,

EvilGenius: YES hahaha he's the one who invited uss 🤪😎

The two roommates texted for a few minutes before Hanji went back to work. She wondered if Levi would come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Levi, pleeaaasseee." Eren begged.

Levi sat back in his chair and sighed. Sometimes he really hated being social. "I don't think-"

Erwin walked through the door. "Come on Levi, even I'm going." He reasoned with the stubborn Captain. "I think this will be good for you."

Levi scoffed before Erwin could continue. Deciding that he'd rather go drink than listen to one of Erwin's sappy lectures about his health, Levi answered. "Fine." He said not enthused in the slightest. "But I'm not driving."

"Yess!" Eren clenched his fist in success.

The cheeky bastards left Levi's office and he swirled his tea around in the cup. He didn't really like drinking, unless it was for his insomnia. He had a very high tolerance, but with his newly developed PTSD he quickly realized that the two didn't mix. He shrugged it off, one night couldn't hurt...right?