Chapter 3: First Day

"Are you new here?" A tall brunette with shiny green eyes asked.

Hanji nodded, "It's my first day!" She grinned at the boy.

He smiled in return, "I'm Eren Jaeger, I'm a cadet." He introduced himself kindly.

Hanji's eyes widened. So cool she thought. "I'm Hanji Zoe, Research and Development."

Eren's mouth fell open and his eyebrows furrowed. "So you must be really smart?" Hanji just laughed.

"Hey Eren!" A shorter blonde boy appeared next to them. He was holding two cups of coffee and offered one to Eren.

Eren gratefully accepted his cup, taking a sip. "Armin, this is Hanji. It's her first day here. She's with R&D."

Armin looked at Hanji with his big blue eyes, "Nice to meet you! I'm Armin Arlert, also a cadet."

Hanji smiled at them. "This place is huge!" She added as she looked around.

"Want us to show you around?" Eren suggested.

"Please!" Hanji exclaimed excitedly, clasping her hands together.

The three made their way to a large desk with lots of monitors and security cameras. Behind it sat two workers, and they were eating...toast?

"Sasha, Connie!" Eren called as he leaned against the desk. "This is Hanji, she's new here."

The brown eyed girl looked at Hanji with a mouth full of food. She pulled her headset down so it hung around her neck. "Moice mo meet mew!" She managed to say through her packed cheeks. Hanji giggled. She looks like a chipmunk.

"The name's Connie." The buzzcut kid announced proudly. He winked at Hanji and Armin sighed as Eren rolled his eyes.

"They work here at the front-"

"That's right, got eyes and ears everywhere!" Connie interrupted Eren and high fived Sasha enthusiastically. Hanji couldn't help but laugh.

They stayed for a while and talked with Sasha and Connie before they kept moving. Eren lead the way further into the building, and the trio eventually landed at a big wooden double door.

"This is the barracks." Eren explained as he pushed open the double doors. Hanji looked around in amazement. Bunkbeds lined the walkway.

"You guys live here?" She asked intrigued.

Eren and Armin nodded. "All the new cadets have to live here for at least a year." Eren explained. "It's like punishment for being new." He laughed.

Hanji walked up to inspect the beds. For a bunch of boys, this place looks perfect.

"It's so clean?" She thought out loud. Eren and Armin both chuckled uncomfortably.

"That's because of Captain Cleanly Ass." A man jumped down from the top bunk. He had an overgrown blonde mullet that fell over his darker roots.

"Shhh! Shut up Jean!" Eren glared. "Someone might hear you!" His eyes darted around nervously.

Hanji didn't understand. Armin noticed the confusion on her face. "Captain Levi is very strict when it comes to cleaning." He explained. Hanji just nodded, that name sounded familiar.

Jean scoffed, "Strict is one way of putting it." He tapped the bed, "One untucked bed and we're running laps for hours."

Hanji cringed, that sounded rough.

Eren continued to show her around before he and Armin had head off for some training.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Hanji waved them goodbye. She inhaled as they walked away. It was time for her to go find her office and start her day. She was so excited.