I shook hands with them and the old man left. I stood up to leave but Paul beat me to it. He stood first and held out his hand for me. I held it and got up. Not like I needed it.

We made our way out of the club talking about different things. It was basically Paul talking and me nodding or humming a yes or no.

"So, you came here on your own or do I get the chance to drop a beautiful girl home?" Paul asked me with a smile and I chuckled at him.

I looked around and saw the Bentley standing at some distance from us with the chauffeur standing outside and the two guards a few metres away from him. Their cars were parked ahead and behind the Bentley. I looked closely and saw Adrian sitting inside the car and glaring at us.

So, he is waiting here.

Why is he waiting here? He had a playdate called, so why is he waiting here?

I wanted to test his patience but right now I do not have the strength in me.

"I am sorry Paul. I have a drive. See you soon" I passed him a friendly smile and started going towards the car.

"Can we have dinner together sometime?", he asked from behind.

I looked in front of me and saw Adrian was standing outside the car throwing daggers at him. I don't know what came to me and I said,

"Why not, you can come to my place this weekend"

"That's great. Send me the location and I will be there", he said and went towards his car.

I waved at him and made my way towards Adrian.

"You were waiting for me, Mr Williams?" I cocked a brow at him and asked.

"Apparently one of us has to be the responsible one. Clearly, you are not seeing the place you choose to meet people. So, I had no choice but to wait. Now get in", without waiting for my reply he opened the back door and motioned for me to get in.

I looked at him the last time before sitting inside. He came in after me and closed the door. The driver also entered and sat in. He sensed the awkward silence and chose to stay quiet. All three of us sat awkwardly quiet in the closed car.

"Are you waiting for some auspicious time to start the car or you purposely want to get fired?" Adrian broke the silence and glared at the driver from the mirror. The authority in his voice made me shiver.

"I am s— sorry, Sir", the driver stuttered and started the car.

Who is this man sitting beside me?

"So, Ms Sharma, how was your date? Or should I say fling?"he asked, turning to me.

I looked at the front mirror and saw the driver looking at us. Seeing my eyes he quickly moved his eyes to the road. I frowned at him and the next moment a divider rose between the seats.

"Now there are no inconveniences Ms Sharma. Answer me", I didn't realise how much power his voice held until it made me answer him reflexively.

"I— he— uh—- I don't think my personal life concerns you Mr Williams, so I prefer to ignore", somehow I managed a reply and turned my face towards the window.

"When and Where did you meet him?", he threw another question at me.

"I said my personal life does not concern you. Stay away from it"

"Is he better than me?"

"Can't you fucking hear me or you are trying to piss me off purposefully?"

"What about him do you like, to which I lagged?"