Chapter 21: Meredith

Start from the beginning

POV Carter

The cafeteria is covered in cheap decorations, and honestly, it looked like they just gave up halfway through and just started throwing up the shit. I don't blame them these school dances are lame as fuck. I'm only here because of one girl and I haven't taken my eyes off her since she walked down her stairs in that little green off the shoulder dress that stopped just above the knee.

I watched as she sang her heart out to every song they played. Along with taking in the way her hips sway to the beat of each song. Watching her throw her head back laughing with Connie gives me a strange warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. I took a sip of my water as I turned my attention to Eric for a moment. Still managing to keep Meredith in my peripheral vision.

"How long are we staying here?" He asked, tossing little balls of ripped up napkin at a couple a handful of tables away.

"What? No girl asked you to dance yet?" I joked as he glared at me.

"So funny, dude." He throws a paper ball at me.

"Jackson says the party is pretty lit." Brandon chimed in.

Jackson, whose actual name is Darrin, plays as left defense. He is one hell of a player too. He doesn't know it yet, but Coach is already looking at him to be captain next year.

"I bet it is." I took another sip of my water and I watched the girls at the refreshment table. Patrick not even looking up from his phone Said;

"Why not ask the girls if they want to come?"

"I'm sure Connie wouldn't mind because she is a very chill girl." Seth said as he tossed a peanut in his mouth.

"Oh, did I tell you guys. Connie knows French, Spanish and she is learning Korean."

"Yes you did. Also like every college the poor girl applied to." Patrick rolled his eyes, but to make up for it both Eric and Brandon threw the paper balls at him.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"Being an ass." Eric said as he threw another for good measure.

The conversation keeps going but my attention is elsewhere. In particular onto the beautiful brown hair goddess walking my way that has written all over her. Oh how I want to just throw down on this table and make her pretty lips beg for me. No Carter, you stop it. You can't go all caveman, not now. As the girls come to a stop in front of our table, I readjust my pants.

I have no clue of what's going on around me. I just know I need to touch her. I need to feel her skin to skin with me. I reached out and held her hand. Then I began to slowly pull her closer, needing to breathe her in. Once she was sitting in my lap everything clicked into place and I felt at peace. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling back against me. The little gasp she let made the smirk I'm wearing grow in size, and maybe little Carter too. We talked a good bit when Connie stood up with Seth in hand and announced.

"Catch you guys later. We are going to dance."

Seth saluted us as he whisked away to the dance floor. Patrick, who had actually managed to put his phone down, decided it was his job to keep the conversation going.

"So Meredith, apply to any colleges? We heard Connie applied to a handful."

"Oh, yes I applied to a couple. I mean the scholarship money we got from camp is a real blessing."

I smiled at her innocence and kissed her shoulder.

"What are you going for?" Eric said, who had long since abandoned his paper balls and is now ripping petals off the flowers that once sat in the center of the table.