Chapter 12: Umm I'm just an Average High School Guy

Start from the beginning

His name is Haruto Itachi, and he's a bit of an oddball all of a sudden, Misaki Hinagi, that girl who I keep talking kept talking to me as if we have a promise...

I don't exactly remember what promise we have...

I recall at the far distant memories... Somewhere around a rural area, where the hills are shown an the ocean is far and wide...

A girl's hair flowing across the wind. Familiar, yet uncanny...

I don't know if it's that girl who I remember, but it's quite familiar...

I... It's too foggy to even remember when that was...

Sigh...

"S-Shimizu...?"

The girl's low and concerning tone is quite alarming.

"Ah... Hinagi-san... You look so concerned, is there anything wrong?"

"N-Nothing... It's,"

"It's...?"

"C-can I ask you something?"

"Y-yeah?"

I-is she trying to confess to me right in front of everyone at the back?

Why is she acting so shy suddenly.

"Exams are near, Yoichi. She's asking if you want to study together with her. Jeez... Hinagi... I know you're freaking shy around him but stop freaking misleading here," Itachi stated as he goes back to resting his head, and immediately confronting Hinagi.

"Eeep~! H-Haruto? Why did you have to even say it like that? I-I-It's-" Hinagi stuttered.

"I-I-It's... There's nothing wrong with asking someone to study together with you..." He mocked Hinagi's stuttering voice.

"Itachi! Don't go badmouthing Hinagi like that," Yuumi intervened as she pointed her finger in front of Itachi

"I can do whatever I can, bitch,"

"B-Bitch?" Yuumi's face looked in disgust.

"Don't call me bitch, you stupid mushroom!" She attempted to do a roundhouse kick, but Itachi just dodged her kick ever so slightly.

"Just stand still!"

"Nope... If I do I'll die," Itachi giggles as he runs away from Yuumi, as she raises up her skirt, ready to shoot up her leg if she ever gets the chance.

"You're not getting away from me!"

Yuumi chased Itachi around the classroom like ring-around-a-rosy a pocket full of mushrooms and thorns.

Huh? Since when did Hinagi-san, Yuumi, and Itachi become this close?

...

...

...

The whole class have their eyes on the three of us, their jaws dropped at how can someone blatantly just mock two beautiful girls like that...?

I, too am genuinely shocked.

WHACK!

Owww~!

"Yuumi, w-why did you hit me!?"

"You're in the way, you plain white bread... It's not like you're easier to hit or anything!"

"W-waahhhh..." I fell on the floor as the mark of a rolled-up paper is imprinted on my forehead.

The door opens and the teacher arrives, pulls out a textbook.

"Stand..."

"Bow.."