Chapter 5: Devilish Ladies

A bucket of water splashes the other side of the toilet, and the chuckles of girls echo across the bathroom.

The exit door creaked out as it opened then is smashed closed, muffling the continuous laughs of girls, then out came silence.

The toilet door opens, and a girl with short pink hair appears, soaking wet by the bucket of water.

She walked out the door and used her slightly wet, light red handkerchief to dry out her whole body.

She looked at the mirror and observed every single part of her face as she dried off her clothes.

She made a cheerful smile for two seconds, then returned back to her frowned aura. She opened the exit door of the restroom and continued with her cheeky smile as she skipped through the hallway to her class.

"ACHOO!" I sneezed a bit too loud inside the faculty room.

"Haruto... What had been going on lately? You looked like you changed completely the last time I saw you,"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You used to look so gloomy every time I went to class"

"Yeah?"

"You've been making new friends too! I'm quite excited that my favorite student has become better now than before!"

"Wait! You're saying this guy's- I mean, I'm your favorite student? I mean yeah he su- I kind of suck but why?"

"You reminded me of myself when I was your age. Got no friends to talk to, the quiet kid in class,"

"I'm not that kind of guy, ma'am,"

"Oh yes, you were. You weren't even confident in speaking. You can't even stand in front of the class without stuttering. Now in my class, you suddenly speak English fluently like an American native. Did you even go to the US? How am I supposed to reward a diligent student like you?"

"Oh... Must have sucked for me,"

Actually, why is Ms. Sakura, our English teacher, the teacher that is lowkey cute with her glasses and messy hair bun and a bit of a huge bust, asked me this stuff in the first place? All I did was pass a homework that I forgot to pass before class.

"Well, make more friends for me. You parents called me just to check up on you,"

My parents must have been really worried, I guess. I can't believe they actually have to be working in the US when Japan clearly has a lot of opportunities.

I sighed as I exited the faculty room. Walking across the hallway, I spotted a girl skipping with a happy-go-lucky smile, the sound of wet shoes squeaking echos in the hallway.

I heard her humming a little song as she noticed me walking alone.

"Ita-kun!" She called out my nickname for some reason.

Gazing across her direction, I saw her hesitantly waving at me while her clothes are dripping wet, making a small puddle below her. Her hair is wet but still smiles like she doesn't make a care in the world.

"Why the hell are you drenched, Aika?"

"U-ummm... Ehhh... I was cleaning the sides of the swimming pool and I accidentally tripped on the ledge,"

"Jeez, you should get yourself a change of clothes,"

"Uhh, yeah, but I don't have,"

"If you were assigned to clean the swimming pool, shouldn't you bring extra clothes today, and shouldn't you be doing this at the end of class? Why is it at the middle of class,"