3. The Meeting

"Do you believe in miracles?"

~•°•~

THEN

"Adira ka kya matlab hai?" The 17 year old boy asked.
(What's the meaning of Adira?)

"It means strong, noble and powerful."
Replied, the 17 year old girl.

"Why did your parents name you so?"
He asked.

"When my mother was pregnant with me, she suffered from uterus cancer. Doctors said that it will be difficult to save any one of us during the delivery. But miraculously, both me and my mother were safe. My father thought that I'm a born fighter.
So he named me Adira.

And about Mahalakshmi, when I was born everyone was saying 'arey Lakshmi hui h' but my father looked at me and said,'nehi, Mahalakshmi hui h'.
And hence, I was named ADIRA MAHALAKSHMI", the girl replied.

The boy smiled looking at her.
"You really love your parents, right?"

"Ofcourse I do. Why wouldn't I? My parents are the best parents in the world.
Tum bhi to apne parents se bahut pyar karte hoge na?", she asked looking at him keenly.
(Even you love your parents, don't you?)

His smile faded. He turned his head upward, looking at the starry night. His lips turned into a sad smile and he muttered," Han. Bahut."
(Yes. Very much.)

He raised his left hand upwards and pointed towards two stars. "Vo dekho. Vo hai mere mamma papa. Aur Mai unse bahut pyar karta hun."
(Look. They are my mamma-papa. And I love them the most.)

He felt a touch on his shoulder which made him turn his head towards her. She had tears in her eyes. She was trying really hard to control herself because of which her lips had turned into a cute pout.

"I'm sorry Veeru. I..didn't know.." she said.

"Oh no don't be Ira. See, they are looking at us. Come say hi to them."

Adira wiped her tears and looked towards the sky. Veer too followed her. Now both of them were looking at the sky. Both were enjoying each other's company in comfortable silence.

After sometime, Adira said, making Veer look at her,

"Hello Uncle. Hello Aunty. I'm Adira. Apke Veer ki friend. Aap dono bahut sundar lag rhe ho. I just want to tell you that now you don't need to worry about Veer at all. He is my best friend now. And I'll take care of him no matter what. I know I can't fill the void he has within him because of your absence, but trust me, I'll never let him down. I'll never let him face any hardship alone. I'll never leave him. I promise. I'll be the best friend he's ever had. Right Veeru?"

Veer's smile widened hearing her words. He just kept looking at her and then slowly whispered,

"Absolutely Ira..."

~•°•~

NOW