Chapter 22 - Lies

I grab the door handle and close my eyes, taking in a deep breath.

A couple hours ago I agreed with Ghost that I'd be telling Price the truth about my relationship with Valeria. While I know it's the right thing to do it doesn't take away the nervous feeling I feel in my stomach.

The slight hangover that I have from all the drinking last night also doesn't help.

Right when I'm about to open the door I hear someone knocking on the other side. I pull it open, seeing Ghost standing right in front of me. He's back in his normal clothing, the red skull mask gone and his regular skull balaclava covering his face.

Gonna miss that mask.

"Thought I'd walk with you to Prices office." He says, hands in his pockets. "I know you're probably feeling nervous."

"Thank you." I smile, the nauseous feeling disappearing for a second. I step out and close the door behind me, walking next to him to the meeting room.

Once we get there I see the rest of the guys standing outside the meeting room. Most of them are in sweats and t-shirts, along with Ghost.

"Morning Marina." Gaz says, yawning right after.

"Morning."

I hear Price come out of his office behind us. He walks between us and opens the door, everyone flooding in right after.

We take our designated spots, Price opening up his laptop and displaying the documents Ghost took photos of on the screen.

"So, we now know that Oscar has sold the job, the location of the missiles still being unknown. Marina, how was it when you were talking to him?" Price asks.

I fidget with my hands underneath the table before answering.

"Good...it was good. He didn't give me much information other than the fact that he sold the job, and the person he sold the job to is dead so..." I trail off. Prices eyebrows shoot up as soon as I'm done talking and after a second he clears his throat and looks over at Ghost.

"And you Ghost, you gather any intel while you were inside?" I look over at Ghost and see him staring at me. We maintain eye contact for a couple seconds before he looks away towards Price.

"Not much. I did find Graves though, it seemed like he was surprised that we were there. I was able to take a picture of him on the way out, should be with all the other pictures I sent you." Price switches between a couple pictures before finally displaying the one with the blonde man I saw that last night.

My brows furrow, once again somehow finding this man familiar. I stare at the picture intensely, racking my brain and trying to think of where I've seen him before.

Everyone talks about the missiles and what the next step should be, but I don't really pay much attention to what they're saying. I tilt my head to the side, taking my bottom lip between my teeth as I think.

I small gasp comes out of me once I realize where I remember him from, everyone quickly looking over at me.

"Everything okay?" Soap asks next to me.

"I've seen him before." I say, staring at the picture. I look back at everyone and see puzzled looks on their faces.

"I don't think you have. He's part of another team, he's never been around here before." Alejandro says.

"No, not here. At the party, a day before you guys showed up. You guys showed up on Saturday, he was there Friday." I tell them. Everyone adjusts in their seats slightly. The energy in the room shifts and their faces go from puzzled to concerned.