Chapter 17 - Okay

I walk up the stairs towards the rooms, seeing Ghosts door open and close. I stand in front of it and try to push it open only for it to be locked. I give it another couple pushes before giving up and banging a fist on the door. He opens it suddenly, my fist almost hitting his chest.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I ask, a little louder than needed.

He grabs onto my arm and pulls me into his room, shutting the door behind me and locking it. None of his lights are on and the only thing that makes the room visible is the strikes of lightning that appear here and there.

"What are you talking about?" He asks in a hushed tone.

"What am I talking about? You've been ignoring me since that night, Ghost." I say, not bothering to explain which specific night I'm talking about since I assume he knows. "If you want to keep ignoring me fine go ahead, but we at least gotta plan out how tomorrow is gonna go."

"Ignoring you? You're the one that's been ignoring me." He says. My eyebrows automatically shoot up, dumbfounded by his comment.

"Are you serious? You're the one who left that morning without saying a word, all you did was leave me a lousy note at the end of my bed." I say. Before I know it my arms are flailing everywhere, adding more emotion to my words.

"I had to leave before the rest of the guys got there, they couldn't see me leaving your room." He says in a monotone voice. I open my mouth to say something back but realize that I actually hadn't thought about that. On top of it he was right, which only pissed me off even more.

"Okay, well-" I try to think of anything else to say but my mind goes blank. He walks closer to me, closing the space between us slightly. "What about the fight training?" His body stiffens for a second before his shoulders drop.

"What about it?"

"You left suddenly." I say, not having much to say after that. Another strike of lighting goes off outside, illuminating the right side his mask for a quick second.

"That had nothing to do with the night before, everything was fine." He says. I try to look in his eyes for any emotion to see if he's lying but the eyeblack plus the mask hides them completely.

"Well, clearly something was wrong for you to leave suddenly. Then you ignored me for two days." I say.

"Like I said, I wasn't ignoring you."

"Oh, fuck you Ghost." I scoff.

"You better watch that mouth of yours." He says as he lowers his face closer to mine. His voice is deep and raspy, almost threatening. I take a step closer, forcing our faces to be only inches from each other to show him I'm not intimidated.

"Or what?" I ask, keeping eye contact with him. With how close we are to each other I can finally see his eyes. Somehow his already dark eyes get deeper, like someone else has taken over his body.

"Or I'm gonna make you regret banging on that door." He says.

The air thickens with each word that comes out, the only sound being the heavy rain hitting the window. My heart rate quickens but I can't seem to look away, almost like I'm in a trance.

"I'd love to see you try." I say. The tension in the room shifts, going from anger to lust. My face softens slightly as Ghost switches from staring at my eyes to my lips.

"Then tell me it's okay." He says. Lightning strikes followed by thunder which I feel through the floor.

"What?" I ask, my eyes darting back and forth between his.

"Give me an okay and I'll show you." He says.

We look at each other, my breathing getting heavier. He reaches towards me and grabs onto my waist, squeezing down slightly. I take a deep breath before finally answering.