Chapter 18 - Cowboy

I look in the mirror, flattening down the creases on my dress. I grab the cat ears and adjust them, making sure they're in the right spot. I sigh and walk away, feeling the fake cat tail hit the bathroom counter top.

As much as I don't want to be in this costume I had no say in what it would be, Soap just handed it to me this morning and ran away giggling. Ghost on the other hand didn't tell me what his costume would be even though I asked him many times last night.

He laid in bed with me in his arms for a couple of hours. I talked to him about some of Oscars parties that I've been to in the past and what to expect.

We also talked about the ones me and Val would host, and the one time that I puked in a very expensive vase that was in the living room. During that story was probably the first time I've heard him laugh.

There was obviously a lot more kissing involved too but nothing more than that...which I was a little disappointed about but didn't tell him. At some point right before the sun came up I went back to my room before the rest of the guys showed up.

Right as I finish strapping on my heel I hear some knocks on my door.

"Can we come in?" Soap says.

"Yes." I yell out, standing up from the bed. He opens the door and walks in with Konig right behind him. His jaw drops and his hand flies up to his mouth, looking at me up and down.

"It's better than I could have imagined. I knew I chose the right one." He says.

"Wait...you chose this?" I ask, pointing at him.

"No, of course not." He says, waving me off. "We're missing one thing. König, will you do the honors?"

König walks up to me, reaching into his pocket and taking out a little silver tin and a small paint brush. I slowly step back, unsure of what they're trying to do. He grabs onto my arm and stops me from moving back.

"Hold still, my dear." He says. I look up at him and sigh, deciding to do as he says. Honestly if it wasn't for the accent I'd probably never listen to him.

He opens the tin can to reveal some black cream face paint. He dips the brush in and I can feel him creating some lines on my cheeks and adding a dot to the tip on my nose. He closes the tin back up and looks back at Soap.

"It's perfect." Soap says quietly. "Okay, time to go." We walk out of my room and I close the door behind me.

"Wait, where's Ghost?" I ask.

"Right here." I turn around and see the familiar mask, although in a completely different color. This one is a chrome red, and instead of the usual hard hat he uses for missions it's been replaced with a flat brimmed cowboy hat lined with bullets.

The rest of his outfit is on theme, a long black coat with black dress pants, a black vest, and black button up. He places his hands on his hips which makes me notice the big western belt buckle he has on.

"So...did you just have this laying around or...?" I trail off, trying to contain the laugh that wants to come out. As much as I'm confused to see him in this I honestly don't mind the view.

"Ask Soap, he's the one who just gave it to me." He says, nodding his head towards him. Soap just stands there with his hands behind his back and a smile across his face. "Come on, we gotta go."

With that we all walk down the hallway and head to the rooftop.

-

I can hear the music getting louder the closer we get to Oscars house. My heart rate starts picking up so I try my best to take deep breaths.