Memories by Conan Gray

Enid's POV:

The sun sits right in the middle of the sky, shining down on our car.

"Remember, Enid, this visit only lasts an hour," my mother says, "and no seeing that freak."

"Her name is-" I see her stern eyes through the rearview mirror. "Okay, mum." I quietly mutter.

The strong rays of sunlight sway through the front window.

My heart starts beating faster as we enter the dark gates of the familiar school. I stare at the students who turn their heads to face our car, murmuring to each other.

"Oh, God." I mumble under my breath.

"You alright?"

I turn to face him, my boyfriend. He grins as he places his hand on my thigh reassuringly, his eyes focusing on me.

"Take care of Enid. Don't let her get into trouble." My mother commands as she stares at both of us.

"Of course, Esther." He responds.

I sigh, giving him a forced, small smile. He leaves the car and walks over to my side, opening the door for me.

"Thank you." I whisper as I leave the car.

"You're welcome." His arm wraps around my neck.

I look around the crowd forming, their eyes locked on us.

"Why are they staring at us?" He asks, glancing over at me.

"I don't know." I answer, looking away.

Oh, I know, but I wish I didn't.

Wednesday's POV:

"Wednesday!" I hear from outside my dorm, repetitive knocking following it.

I groan as I stand up from my bed, walking over to the door. Tiredly, I sigh, then I proceed to twist the handle. I'm greeted by Xavier as the door opens.

"Xavier." I softly mumble.

"Addams, I have awesome news." He says enthusiastically.

"Actually, Xavier, I was meaning to talk to you."

His eyebrows rise in surprise.

"Yeah- okay, but this really important." He rapidly says.

"So is this." I sternly respond.

He looks at me curiously, confused by what is happening.

"Oh, okay," he softly exhales. "What.. what is it?"

I tighten my fists as I stare at him. I can't believe I am going to do this. My gaze movez lower on his face, and I take a step closer to him. My hand grasps his shoulder, pulling down, closer to me.

"Mhm." I hear someone clear their throat by our side.

My eyes dart to her, and they widen as I realise who stands before us.

"Sinclair?" I let go of Xavier and my body turns to face her. "What are you.."

"That's what I was going to tell you." Xavier mumbles as he steps away from me, hiding the lower half of his face, flustered.

"Hi, guys." The blonde quietly says, avoiding looking at us.

My heart flatters with both joy and confusion as I stare at Enid, my face showing off an unreadable expression.

"Hey." An unfamiliar voice mutters beside her.

My eyes shift to the boy next to her, my stomach drops as I realise who this might be. My trembling eyes move to Enid, her eyes look back at me with guilt.