I Wish You Were a Boy.

Enid's POV:

"I think I should go." I mumble as I turn around.

"Wait, Enid- I'm sorry." Ajax follows behind me.

I walk away, rubbing my neck. My eyes look down, I don't want to look at anything or anyone.

"Babe, please.." I hear from behind.

I start to walk faster, trying to get away from everyone as I pass through the halls. I can feel everyone staring at me, following me with their eyes. I shut my eyes, my speed increasing.

*       *       *

Click.

I open the door and enter my dorm, I close the door behind me. My breath starts to slow down as I leisurely walk around the dorm.

"Sinclair?" A small whisper calls me.

I look up and see Wednesday out on the balcony, her face through the window.

"Oh, We-" I stop myself. "Wednesday." I say with an exhale.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

I keep eye contact with her, stepping closer.

"I just..." I look down, unable to talk.

"Your neck." She points at it.

I look at her confused and touch my neck. Suddenly, I remember.

"I see that you've been with Ajax recently." She steps away from the window and leans on the railing of the balcony. She stares at the outside.

"Yeah, uhm-" I go through the window and move next to her, leaning as well. "About that... I broke up with him."

She glances at me, I notice sympathy in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah." I look away. "I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" She quietly asks. "You don't seem okay."

My head turns down, almost touching the railing.

"I'm sorry." I utter.

"What? Sorry about what?" She looks at me confused.

"Everything." I mutter. "I've been acting horribly towards you."

She looks down and then back at me.

"You haven't."

My head leans back and turns to her, we stare at each other. A small smile appears on my face at the sight of her.

"I missed you." I whisper.

"I missed you, too."

The corner of her lips turn upwards, showing off a subtle smirk that I almost didn't even notice, making my smile widen to a grin. She leans closer, my eyes shakily shift from her eyes to slightly lower.

"Wednesday," I whisper, "I wish you were a boy."

She stops, she clenches her jaw.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks quietly, her tone saddens.

"Everything would be so easy." I bury my face in my hands. "My family is very strict and close minded, if they knew, they'd hate me."

"Knew what?"

"If they knew that..." My hands drop to the edge of the railing, I desperately look at her. "I like you."

Her eyes widen and her lips part in surprise.

"Wait, you like me?"

I anxiously bite my lip and slowly nod my head.

"I always thought that you would never feel the same way. I thought-" She sighs. "Why are you telling me this now? Why not earlier?"

"I... I don't know. I guess I was scared, Wednesday. Scared about what would happen if everyone found out, scared that we wouldn't work out."

She places her hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it. Her hand travels down my arm and lets go.

"We don't have to rush into anything, Enid."

"I don't think there's a we, Wednesday."

Her gaze drops and her brows furrow. She clenches her jaw as she steps away from me, her eyes shift around the floor. Her lips part, taking a deep breath. She regains her composure and stares at me, giving me a small nod.

"Then, what happens now?" She whispers.

I look at her, I don't know what to say. As we silently stare at each other, I take a step closer. I notice that she also moves closer to me. I finally hug her, pulling her into an embrace. I rest my cheek on her shoulder, she does so too. I tightly hug her, holding onto her jacket.

"I'm sorry." I quietly say.

"Stop apologising, Sinclair." She whispers back. "It's not your fault, Enid. You did nothing wrong, okay?"

"But I am truly sorry. We both like each other but I don't think a relationship would be a good idea right now."

"I understand, you just broke up with Ajax. You need some time with yourself."

"Not only that, Wednesday. I don't think I'll ever be ready to be with you."

She pulls away from the hug to look at me, our faces inches apart.

"Why not?" She slowly asks.

"It's not you personally, I doubt I'll ever be able to date a girl. My family wouldn't be happy about it."

"They don't have to know."

I pause, taken aback. Her eyes shift from my eyes to my lips, her hand brushes against my cheek and her fingers tuck my golden hair behind my ear.

"Wednesday..." I murmur.

"Mmh?"

Her hand travels behind my neck and pulls me into a deep kiss. Her soft lips gently kiss mine, both of her hands on either side of my face. I gently break the kiss, trying to search for her eyes.

"Wednesday, we shouldn't do this."

Her eyes focuses on my face.

"Tell me to stop."

She says as she continues the gentle kiss. I melt at her soft touch, unable to make her stop. I don't want her to. I need her.

"I can't." I whisper as I gasp for air.

Her smirk shows off her teeth as she focuses on me, she hungrily returns back to kissing me, her hands curiously travelling down my back.

"I like you, Wednesday." I say through the kisses.

"I like you too, Enid."