Happy Ever After... Right?

Wednesday's POV:

I wake up surrounded by soft, colourful pillows. I look to my side and see Enid still sleeping, a small smile appears on my face as I hear her quietly snore. Gently, I move her hair out of the way, letting me see her beautiful face. My finger slowly traces her face, moving up and down. I move slowly to her eyebrows, down to her nose and finally my fingertip caresses her slightly parted lips. I outline her bottom lip, my gaze not leaving this view. I hear her groan and she shifts closer to my hand. My palm lands flat on her cheek, my thumb caressing her pink cheeks.

I wish I could stay here forever.

Her eyelashes flatter, her eyes force open into a squint. She leans away, my hand dropping onto the sheet. She rubs her eyes and stares back at me. Her pearly whites shine through her grin.

"Good morning, Enid." I say.

She tries suppressing her wide smile as she flops her head against my arm, letting me wrap it around her.

"Morning, Wednesday." She mumbles, her face buried on the bed.

"How did you sleep?" I ask as I try to see her face while playing with her hair.

"Mmh, I slept incredibly well." She finally turns to face me, our faces inches apart. Her pink cheeks turn redder as she maintains eye contact with me.

"Yeah? I'm glad to hear that." My eyes shift from her eyes to her lips.

I close the distance between us with a deep kiss. My free hand moves behind her neck and eagerly pulls her closer to me. Her hands rest on my collarbone, massaging my shoulders. I hear her softly mumble through the kiss, making me smirk. As I break the kiss, she looks up to see me, her doe eyes begging for more.

"We should go get breakfast, class starts quite soon." I say.

I notice her pout, she grips on the collar of my sweatshirt.

"We can get breakfast later, can't we just stay here for a while?"

"What are you planning to do, Enid?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know." She innocently answers, she looks away.

"I would love to spend time with you here, but we shouldn't. We must get ready for school."

"You're such a party pooper." She mutters.

"A party pooper?" I ask as I sit on the bed, looking down at her.

She unsurely nods, giggling.

"Well, I wouldn't want to be a party pooper, now, would I?"

She shakes her head in response. I crawl to her side, hovering above her. My legs are either side of hers. She looks up excited, watching every movement I make. I place my hands either side of her shoulders and lean closer to her face. She bites her lip, smiling.

"Matter of fact," I whisper, "I am a party pooper."

I smirk as I leave the bed, seeing her sit in despair.

"That's all?" She asks, frustrated.

"Yeah." I snicker. "Now, get ready."

"Wens! You can't just do that, you're so mean."

"I apologise, Enid. I'll help you get ready. Come on."

She grunts as she stands up, weakly pushing my arm. I chuckle in response, grabbing her by the waist and kissing her cheek.

*       *       *

I hold Enid's hand, gently dragging her across the hallways. She looks down at the floor, a sad expression on her pretty face.