16 - Date Pt. 1

(I haven't started writing this chapter yet, but disclaimer, this might be a long one)

Jax ran to Pomni's room as fast as he could, which was probably not that fast due to his various injuries. He swung the door open to see Pomni changing her top. She quickly looked up to see who had opened her door with a shocked look on her face. Once she realized it was Jax she blushed extremely hard. 

"Oh god! Sorry PomPom!" Jax shut the door just as quickly as he had opened it, more embarrassed than he'd ever felt before. She was quite beautiful with just a bra on though... He didn't want to wait in the hallway, knowing that there was a murderer on the loose, but obviously he couldn't wait in Pomni's room. He just stood outside, leaning against her door, making sure to keep an extra watchful eye on his surroundings. Yet again and again, his eyes would dart to the knife stuck in the wall. 

Even though he was quite far away, he could make out some obvious details, such as the various scratches on its blade and the giant dent in the handle. Other than that, it seemed in pretty good condition. Its edge glimmered and sparkled, showing no signs of rust. It also looked hella sharp. It was probably 8 inches long, which was longer than most knives Jax had seen. He just assumed that it was supposed to be used for some type of cooking, and maybe it had been stolen from the kitchen.

Finally, Pomni's door opened, and he had never seen her so flustered. "You could've knocked first..." she said shyly. 

"Awwww but where's the fun in that cupcake?~"

"How do you always manage to remain so flirtatious with me? I kinda love it~"

"That's why I do it~ Anyways," Jax reached into his overall pocket and pulled out what looked to be a long black cloth. "Put this on. I want our date location to remain a surprise~"

"You aren't gonna prank me, right Jaxy?"

"Does that really seem like something I would do to the girl I love~" She lightly laughed. "I guess not~" Jax put the cloth over her eyes, successfully blindfolding her, and he tied it in the back. "This isn't too tight, right?" 

"No, no. It's perfect."

"Then lets go ahead, my queen~" For Pomni it seemed like they were walking forever, and she was in constant fear that she'd walk into something. It almost shocked her that Jax was able to guide her with one arm while limping like he was unipedal. After not too long however, she felt the heat and light of sunlight touching her face. She wasn't surprised that they were outside, as there wasn't much date material inside of the tent.

They walked and they walked, her feet making contact with many different textures. First it was grass, then gravel, and now what seemed like the concrete of a sidewalk, which didn't make sense as there were no streets in the digital world.

"Bunny boy, where are we going?" she politely asked. 

"Don't worry PomPom, we're almost there," the sly bunny replied. Eventually, the air was filled with the smell of fried foods and her ears were flooded with the laughter and screams of many placeholder manikins.

"Are we where I think we are?"

"I believe so, yes~"

"Oh my god! I've never been here before! I've always meant to check it out, but I haven't had the chance yet!" Jax took off Pomni's blindfold, to reveal the digital carnival. Pomni's eyes lit up in excitement. She swiftly hugged Jax as tight as she could, forgetting about all the bruises around his stomach area. "Thank you thank you thank you!" It hurt Jax like a bitch but at the same time he loved it, having Pomni's arms wrapped around his waist, love floating in the air around them.