12 - Laughter

Hello guys! I completely forgot to explain this AU to all my readers <3

So, basically, the players CAN die, draw blood, break bones etc. They also have more freedom in doing things like taking their clothes off to change and stuff (but all their outfits are exactly the same; it's like having multiple pairs of the same shirt.) As you may have noticed already, Ragatha acts A LOT different than how she does in the pilot episode. She is a lot less motherly/caring and a lot more jealous.

I will update this if I forgot to add anything

-

Jax ended up falling asleep with Pomni, and when he woke up she was still there. "God, you're so adorable..." he whispered, his face turning bright red. He lay there with her for a little bit, holding her in his arms. "I can't submit to this feeling. I'm stronger than that..." he stared at her for a little bit, unable to hold in his smile. "But then again, maybe I'm not~"

Jax got startled when the girl yawned. She slowly opened her eyes, yet she looked shocked to see she was right next to Jax. "Oh!- Oh my god! J-Jax! I didn't mean to- I'm so embarrassed!" she yelled, quickly running out of his bed. "Aw, is my little PomPom flustered?" She blushed at this remark. 

"I... I don't know if you feel the same way but... I kinda liked it." Jax grinned.

"You, you did?!" Pomni questioned.

"I know I know, I'm quite literally going crazy aren't I? I always thought you would lose it before I did-"

"Can we... I don't know, cuddle for a little bit tonight as well...?"

The sly rabbit let out a slight chuckle and looked her deep in the eyes, "Why not?" Pomni couldn't remain eye contact with him. She quickly looked down at her shoes and announced that she would be going to the main area. Before he could even blink, she was gone.

"What has gotten into me?"

-

Pomni ran out into the main area as quickly as she could, utterly humiliated. "I- I don't even remember getting into bed with him!" she stated out loud, her eyes scribbling. But although she was thoroughly embarrassed, it gave her such a rush that she would do anything to experience that feeling again. "And he... liked it?! That's not the Jax I know- but I almost like him better this way-"

CRASH! Pomni collided with Gangle. The masked ribbon squealed in terror as her already broken mask was broken into even more pieces. "O-Oh, Gangle, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!"

"It's alright... I'm used to it by now..." Gangle solemnly said. 

"Come back to my room, I'll help you put it back together, ok?"

"Really? Thank you so much Pomni..." Gangle was definitely surprised and joyful about this, but due to the fact that her comedy mask was in pieces she couldn't express such emotions. They briskly walked back to Pomni's room together, with Pomni trying her hardest not to look in the direction of Jax's room, afraid that he might come out. 

After they arrived, they put all their focus and energy into fixing the mask. It took a couple hours, but once they were finished and Gangle put it on, Pomni hadn't ever seen her happier. "THANK YOU POMNI!!!!" Gangle shouted in excitement. "Anytime Gangle!" But Pomni's joy was short-lived when she noticed Jax in the doorway of her room, a mischievous smile spread across his face.

"Hey~ PomPom~"

"About earlier, I'm-"

"Shhh~, I have an idea~"

-

Zooble was in their room. So was Kinger. It was the perfect time for Pomni and Jax to execute their plan.

"You ready?" Pomni asked through snickers. 

"As ready as you are~" Jax replied. There was silence for a few seconds, then in a perfect Kinger impression, he yelled, "Zooble!"

"What do you want?" the mismatched character shouted back. Again, silence. Jax and Pomni made eye contact, trying their best not to break down laughing.

"Zooble!" Again, a perfect replica of Kinger's voice.

"What?!"

Silence.

"Zooooble!"

"WHAT?!"

No response. They waited about 30 seconds, before Jax yelled once again, "Zooble!" Pomni had to keep her fist in her mouth to stop from laughing. 

"KINGER YOU MOTHER #%$^ER!!" they yelled, before storming out of their room and slamming open Kinger's door. They could barely make out Kinger's voice. 

"O-Oh, hello Zooble! Have you come to check out my insect collec-"

"IF YOU CALL MY NAME ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME, I WILL CHOKE YOU UNTIL YOU GO CRAZY AND END UP IN THE CELLAR WITH YOUR WIFE!" Pomni and Jax were wheezing, with Jax putting one hand over his mouth and his other over Pomni's. Tears were streaming from their eyes because of how hard they were trying to hold in their laughter. Eventually, Zooble went back to their room, and Pomni's eyes lit up with an idea. An awful idea. Pomni got a wonderful, awful idea (if you know what this is a reference to, you're my new favorite person.)

"I'll be right back Jax~"

"Wait, where are you going?-"

"You'll see~" The door closed behind her. Jax sat on his bed in silence, listening to the conversation Pomni began having with Kinger. The words he made out brought an evil smile to his face. Those words were, "Hey Kinger, I'm pretty sure I heard Zooble calling you."

Jax couldn't contain his laughter. He stuffed his head into his pillow and cackled. This was definitely the girl he'd want to spend the rest of his years in the circus with. She quickly ran back into the room, her face blue from holding back her laugh.

"Pomni," he laughed, "I swear you're a %^!#ing genius!" Through tears and muffled laughter, she replied, "I know I know~" That's when they heard a shout.

"Zooble?!" It was Kinger's voice. But not an impersonation this time. The actual Kinger was calling for Zooble.

"Oh god, he's gonna die!"

"Shhh shh!"

They began to hear enraged screams. "YOU'RE GONNA DIE TODAY KINGER!" Zooble raced down the hallway faster than a train, swung his door wide open, and wrapped their hands around his neck.

"Z-ZOOBLE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? POMNI TOLD ME YOU WERE CALLING ME!-" the screaming stopped. 

"Oh ^%$#."

"PomPom, this is what I like to call our cue to run~" They dashed out the door holding hands, trying to create as much distance between them and Zooble as possible. They heard the furious bull chase after them. After holding it for so long, they couldn't suppress their snickering any longer. They burst out in laughter while running, having the time of their lives even though Zooble was 0.2 seconds away from killing them.

The sound of Pomni's laughter was music to Jax's ears. Her voice was truly magnificent. He wanted to have moments like this with her forever. He wanted to laugh with her, to cry with her, to be angered with her. He wanted to feel every emotion known to mankind with her. He was admirably looking at Pomni while running, completely forgetting about what they were running from. 

Pomni's grip slipped from Jax's hand when he got tackled to the ground by Zooble. "Jax!" she screamed in fear.