𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘

Jay Hong and (Y/N) shared a friendship that traced back to a chance encounter long before their school days

Jay Hong and (Y/N) shared a friendship that traced back to a chance encounter long before their school days. Their first meeting took place in a department store where they both reached for the same unisex watch simultaneously.

In that moment, Jay, unable to find his voice, decided to let (Y/N) have the watch. However, she declined, revealing a tired and haggard expression. "Ah, I don't need it. In fact, I would really thank you if you bought it instead of me," she said with gentleness.

Even though Jay remained silent, concern for (Y/N) welled up in him. He glanced at a bruise on her shoulder, and she, surprisingly adept at reading his unspoken thoughts, became one of the few people who spoke to him without discrimination.

As the years passed, the friendship between (Y/N) and Jay blossomed into a solid foundation for each other during challenging times.

"Jay, why did you even adopt Enu's puppies if you're afraid of them?" (Y/N) laughed, rolling her eyes playfully as Jay sought refuge behind her while she enjoyed the playful antics of the puppies.

(Y/N) withdrew her hand from the playful puppies, attempting to stand up when she felt a firm grip on her hand. Following the hand, she discovered Jay Hong by her side. His eyes betrayed worry though he remained silent. With a reassuring smile, (Y/N) took Jay's hand, holding it in her other, and said, "Don't worry; I'll be back," before gently letting go.

As she took a step forward, the lights started to blink. "Jay?" (Y/N) called out, looking to where he should have been. Instead, a young woman stood there, playing with Enu's puppies, carefree and full of laughter.

"Who are you?" (Y/N) questioned, her eyes widening. The young woman's face was marred beyond recognition, parts of it showing bone, and her left eyeball was missing.

"Call me the child who reached the sky, the creator of the system," the young woman replied, dusting off her skirt and meeting (Y/N)'s gaze.

(Y/N) gulped, feeling as though she was confronting a nightmare. The young woman must have endured unspeakable suffering.

"What do you want from me?" (Y/N) asked, torn between fear and curiosity. Even if fear lingered, she hesitated to share this supernatural encounter with others, fearing they might deem her a lunatic.

"Nothing much," the child who reached the sky pointed at (Y/N) with a smirk. "What's about to happen to you is totally normal. Two other people share this secret, Three if I include you."

(Y/N) felt an invisible force strike her, prompting her to scan her surroundings. A few figures were engaged in a fight, and she was about to head there to understand what had occurred when she heard a child's cry—a female, to be exact.

"Gapryong!" she shouted, her running nose and food-stained shirt indicating her recent activities. Her hands were still oily.

As the fight concluded, a man with a handsome face walked toward the girl, offering her a candy. "Yuna," he called her name tenderly.

(Y/N) was taken aback, unable to believe her eyes. A classmate, a friend, stood before her. "Daniel Park?" she uttered in astonishment. He was on his knees, engaging in conversation with Yuna, sporting longer hair and a red ribbon on his forehead.

"Uncle, if I were a boy, would Gapryong love me?" young Yuna asked with a jealous expression. "Ever since he was born... No, even before he was born, Dad never loved me. He never looked at me."

Uncle? This didn't add up; Daniel was the only child. The scene transitioned as white smoke enveloped (Y/N)'s vision. It transformed into an older Yuna engaged in training, delving into the study of a theory.

"Everyone believes that the theory of blocking pain, unconsciousness that can be unlocked by having an incredibly large amount of experience in fighting and a strong will to fight deeply rooted in your consciousness. It's a battle-oriented state of mind that enhances focus is just a fantasy," Yuna explained. "But I know, somewhere in the future, a genius would master it," her voice filled with exhaustion yet excitement.

"Invisible Attack by Elite and this theoretical ability," Yuna smiled before a drop of blood landed on her nose. Panic consumed her as she attempted to wipe the blood away, disregarding her own well-being.

Everything felt strange for (Y/N), as if she were a ghost—unseen and unable to touch Yuna despite her attempts.

(Y/N) observed as white smoke enveloped her again, revealing a scene of war. She recognized it immediately—the first generation, also known as the generation of war, emerging after the generation of the fist.

Yuna sat on the back of a man like he was a chair. "Former King of Incheon, what does it feel like being beaten by a girl? Does it hurt your ego?" she teased, laughing beside a man whose full face (Y/N) couldn't see.

Yuna's personality had become more savage, a stark contrast to her childhood demeanor, which was still malleable.

"It's because that's the only thing she can remember," (Y/N) looked at the child who reached the sky, watching as she smiled at Yuna, but the smile seemed to carry the weight of an unwanted memory.

"Who is Yuna? Why did you show me her memory?" (Y/N) asked, her doubts surfacing. She couldn't comprehend her connection with this Yuna person.

The child who reached the sky took a step back before disappearing into the smoke. "You'll know very, very soon."

The child who reached the sky's voice echoed in her mind before (Y/N) continued watching Yuna. The man walked towards her with a smile on his face. Though (Y/N) couldn't see his face, she sensed the guy beside Yuna was happy.

"You're the child," he mumbled, touching Yuna's cheeks and caressing them before uttering words that widened (Y/N)'s eyes. "The child who reached the sky, Female King of Incheon."