𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒: 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃

Mandeok Bang, the vice chairman of the workers, found himself in disbelief as he witnessed Eugene, his friend and the chairman of the workers, exhibiting an uncharacteristic blush and a sense of desperation

A slowly closing door unveiled Eugene embracing (Y/N), a sight incongruent with Eugene's usual demeanor of manipulation and control. Like a puppeteer orchestrating every move, Eugene rarely showed vulnerability. Before Mandeok could further observe, the door shut abruptly in his face.

A resounding bang echoed, hinting at something breaking—perhaps a vase. The artifacts in Eugene's office held considerable value, collected with care after witnessing the sparkle in (Y/N)'s eyes when she admired antiques, especially those worth millions.

(Y/N) briskly withdrew from Eugene's encircling grip, stepping backward toward the porcelain vase. A cold smile etched onto her face, hinting at a calculated determination.

Her fingers caressed the porcelain vase with a gentleness akin to a mother cradling her child. The original softness in (Y/N)'s gaze transformed into a fierce determination. She seized a fragment of the porcelain, clenching it tightly; a wince flickered across her face, quickly concealed by her stoic expression.

In a state of flustered concern, Eugene couldn't restrain himself from shouting, "(Y/N)!" The bewildering act of self-infliction left him grappling with the enigma of her intentions.

With the shattered vase before her, (Y/N) posed a question, "Eugene, do you love me?" Her movements appeared practiced yet charming, as if rehearsed with sophistication.

"I'll take a gamble. There's a man named Daehoon Shin who has harmed my friends, attempting to harm me as well. Prove to me how much you love me—or rather, how important I am to you," (Y/N) stated, staking her life on this risky move. Drawing inspiration from Eugene's words the day before the reset and information shared by Hudson, she embarked on this gamble, uncertain of the outcome.

Eugene, hearing muffled sounds, fixated his gaze on her. His eyes, almost hypnotized, followed (Y/N)'s hand as it approached him, eventually releasing the porcelain shard. In this peculiar game, it seemed that (Y/N) emerged victorious.

(Y/N) found it unnerving to have Eugene on her call, as the Eugene she knew was typically too manipulative to exhibit genuine care for her. In her perception, she felt like nothing more than a pebble in his vast landscape. Yet, there was a strange comfort in knowing that he was her formidable card, akin to acquiring a 4 or 5-star rated hero in a gacha game.

As (Y/N) swung the door open, Mandeok observed her with a curious gaze. "Mandeok, thank you," she uttered while maintaining a fox-like smile.

A subtle shift occurred. Eugene, gazing out the window, seemed transformed. This Eugene wasn't easily manipulated; unless he desired it or was amusing himself with you. Even if one managed to manipulate him, it was, in fact, Eugene orchestrating the situation. What (Y/N) executed hardly fit the traditional mold of manipulation; it bore flaws but stood as a bold gamble that paid off, allowing her to survive.

Before departing, (Y/N) expressed gratitude to Yuseong and Mandeok. Shortly after, Eugene summoned the two.

"Hire someone to protect her, preferably a female bodyguard," Eugene ordered. His tone was ordinary, and his expression seemed to blend happiness with a tinge of sorrow.

The theme of life, it seemed, revolved around gaining something at the cost of losing another. The caution against greed echoed, a reminder that excessive desire might result in losing it all.

"How about her? The Female King, King of Incheon," Mandeok suggested, referring to the only female King from the 1st generation, known as "Incheon's black reaper." Mandeok whispered.

Eugene swiftly rejected the idea, adding, "No... Her emerging out of nowhere was suspicious," especially since he didn't recall the presence of a female King in his dreams, a detail that changed since he remembered his past life.

"We should give Goo a call; after all, we've both been awakened," Eugene mentioned casually. "Considering his so-called 'wife' was threatened by one of his own, I'm curious to see his reaction."

Continuing toward his seat, Eugene elaborated, "We can't take direct actions right now; that might raise alarms. This indirect approach is a way to offer help without drawing too much attention. I prefer maintaining a low profile at this moment."

Mandeok attentively absorbed Eugene's words, finding himself in agreement despite not fully comprehending the unfolding situation. The sudden shifts in their personalities left Mandeok somewhat perplexed.

Behind the elegant door, a blood-curdling scream echoed—a wild cry of frustration and anguish.

"Everything should have been mine!" Isabella's voice pierced the air as she unleashed her fury on her pillow and bed, a disheveled specter of her former self. "(Y/N), you thief!!!" Her makeup smeared across her face, resembling a haunting apparition from a horror film.

Alarmed by the tumult, Isabella's mother hurried into her daughter's room. Worry etched across her face, she confronted the chaotic scene that had unfolded since Isabella's return.

"Mom! That thief, (Y/N), stole everything from me!" Isabella's accusation reverberated through the room as she glared at her mother, a burning desire to exact revenge etched on her face.

Isabella's mother approached her, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "What did (Y/N) steal from you?" she inquired, maintaining her composed demeanor.

Isabella's mom, the sister of (Y/N)'s dad, was a woman of perpetual composure. Her demeanor exuded nobility, a stark contrast to her brother, who seemed willing to grovel at the feet of others. Isabella clung to her, shedding tears as if there were no tomorrow. "I saw it in my dream—the life (Y/N) has now was supposed to be mine."

"Isabella, it was just a dream," her mother reasoned, attempting to dispel the delusion.

Isabella's tumultuous emotions eventually subsided, but a lingering madness gleamed in her eyes. "It was not a dream, and I will do anything to get what she took from me."

Author's Note:
The black reaper was closer to you than you think, and also knows something about Gapryong's Fist, because she was close to someone in 0 Gen.