CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I

n his rearview mirror, Chuka saw Folarin branch off and head towards their estate instead. Where is he going?

Chuka made a U-Turn and went after him.

"Ah ah." Manda exclaimed. "What's happening?"

"I just need to make a quick stop." Chuka said. "It won't take time, don't worry."

Chuka pulled into Folarin's compound and parked beside him. He looked into Folarin's car and questioned Lucy with a look. She shrugged an 'I don't know' in response.

He caught Folarin at the door to his apartment.

"Wetin happen?", he asked Chuka as he unlocked his door.

"I should be asking you that, oga." Chuka replied. "What's the problem?"

"Guy, dey go first. We go join up later. I just wan pick something." Folarin said, stepping inside.

Chuka followed. "Pick what?"

"Oga, go na. Babe dey wait you. What is this - the second date? Aren't you ready to propose?"

Chuka laughed.

Folarin didn't.

He loosened his tie as he spoke. "I just think it's funny how you always have to have someone. If it's not some upcoming, it's you letting some guy fall all over you."

"What the fuck are you talking about?", Chuka asked, equal parts confused and amused.

"Did something happen in Spain?", Folarin said, finally blurting out the question that had been nagging at him for days.

"What do you mean 'did something happen in Spain'?"

"I mean 'did something happen in Spain?' What is unclear about the question?"

"Several things happened in Spain. I'm not sure what you're talking about."

Folarin raised an eyebrow.

"You mean with Leo?", he asked incredulously. "Something like what?"

"I don't know; that's why I'm asking you."

"Of course not. I tell you say him with that man dey nack na. He was with him the whole time."

Folarin paused, allowing the sex tapes he'd been playing in his head erase themselves. "Oh."

"Is that what all this was about? Manda and Leo?"

Folarin said nothing.

"I'm sorry but this kind of sounds like jealousy." Chuka said, laughing. "What the fuck? You don't do jealousy."

"I don't know. That shit kind of messed with my head."

"What shit?"

"The 'it-would've-been-you' shit at game night. Now I'm thinking you might be lowkey feeling Leo cause you're lowkey into guys."

"What?" Chuka exclaimed. "I was speaking hypothetically. I'm not gay."

"I know.", Folarin retorted.

"Okaaay... so what is this really about?", Chuka enquired, doing a mental head scratch.

"It's not about anything, guy. I came to my apartment, and you followed me here."

"Because we were supposed to be going to a party."

"And I said I'll come later." Folarin opened the fridge just off the living room, and took out a bottle of water to drink.

"And you've had an attitude all night.", Chuka said, as he took the bottle from Folarin and chugged the rest of the water.