CHAPTER ONE

"There's a new one on Instablog o!" Folarin's manager, Seyi, opened the door to his bedroom and walked in, phone in hand.

They were in the middle of a week-long movie shoot and Folarin was lounging in bed with yet another one of the extras.

Nothing new. This was typical Folarin. Whenever he was on location, he had an endless supply of attractive extras and crew members eager to jump in bed with him. And this particular set of scenes were being shot in the convenient comfort his own home.

Now, he was wondering why Seyi was bothering him. He had been basking in the afterglow of being ridden like a Harley Davidson by err... Sophia?... Sandra?...whatever - costume girl. It was just a little after 12 now and they weren't supposed to resume shooting until 2pm.

"Babe, please abeg abeg. I'm not in the mood. Besides, we've talked about this knocking thing. Fucking knock, Seyi. Your fingers will not wither."

Seyi looked up from her phone for the first time to see that Folarin was under the covers with the catch of the day. Seyi scoffed silently. More like the afternoon because there'd undoubtedly be another by nightfall., she thought.

"Please!", Seyi said out loud. "What do you have or what are you doing that they've not seen before? Abeg shift." She swatted at Folarin's feet, motioning for him to move them so she could sit at the edge of the bed.

"Hi", the naked, violently-light-skinned chick said timidly, practically hiding under the covers. By now it was undeniable that Mofolarin Ishola had a type. Modelesque. Thin, light skinned, tall and with a nice ass. Seyi couldn't see what this one was packing in the trunk from under the covers, but she was willing to bet she ticked that box as well. There might as well be a factory printing them out for him with the same mold.

Seyi looked in her general direction and muttered a disinterested 'wsup' and went back to what she was saying. "I said there's another one. The you and Chuka conspiracy theories. On Instablog."

"Jesus Christ" Folarin groaned, rubbing his eye lids. "What is it this time? We're planning to adopt? Our trip to his village was really a romantic getaway?"

Seyi chuckled. "Well, the story itself isn't about you two directly as usual, but people in the comment section are trying to guess who Annie is talking about."

Folarin sighed as he took Seyi's phone to see the post. Annie Uchendu. To call her an actress would be a gross overstatement but she had certainly appeared in a number of films and had a large following on the socials.

Fancied herself the 'Gossip Girl' of Nollywood. Her habit was to make random, often made up 'revelations' about other celebrities but it was always 'some people' or 'your fave this', ' your MCM that'. Never any actual names.

Knowing that his and Chuka's friendship was always under a bit of scrutiny, she occasionally made vague comments that seemed to imply she knew inside secrets about them too.

But as always, she never used any actual names, which was the only reason Folarin and Chuka's lawyers had advised against suing her. "All it would do is draw more attention to it", they had said, "And since she never actually said your names, people would claim you have a guilty conscience and possibly throw even more support behind her. Ignore her. You'll only increase her popularity otherwise."

And so they had. Yet, occasionally, this girl would remember them again and start typing rubbish.

One time, a photo of a screaming session at a sports bar after their football team scored a goal, was twisted and used to fuel the 'they're in love' narrative. In everyone's defence, the photo had looked...odd.