Chapter 157

In reality, Ming Yu wasn't seriously affected; it was just the cumulative fatigue from days of travel, coupled with the constant anxiety, keeping his mind tense. When he finally relaxed, a wave of exhaustion hit him, leading to his sudden fainting spell.

Once Ming Yu regained consciousness, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. However, he didn't continue resting and instead gathered all the doctors for a meeting.

The main focus was on sharing information about the epidemic and discussing the most basic treatment plans.

"Currently, those affected experience vomiting and diarrhea, accompanied by weakness and fever. Moreover, their condition worsens within three to five days, with a high probability of death," Doctor Liu cautiously explained in front of everyone. "I have gathered them together to avoid contact with normal people outside, but many are dissatisfied. If not for General Xie's support, it would have been challenging."

Doctor Liu had the deepest understanding of this epidemic, and he proposed several suggestions based on his experience. However, seeing the Crown Prince at the top seat, he was visibly uneasy, unsure if his methods were right or wrong.

Ming Yu nodded in approval, saying, "Thinking of this point is already good."

Doctor Liu felt reassured only after hearing Ming Yu's words. "Your Highness overpraised. I only acted according to your instructions. Besides, there are records in ancient texts about isolating those suffering from the epidemic to establish medical facilities, so I dared to do this."

"This approach is correct. Separating them to prevent transmission is a normal choice. But not only should they be separated, but attention should also be given to disinfection and protection," Ming Yu explained. "I have compiled specific details into a booklet; you just need to follow it."

The others agreed. Doctor Liu added, "Currently, the army lacks doctors and medicines, and there aren't effective treatment methods for the time being. Now that Your Highness has brought medicinal herbs and personnel, it's the right time to use them."

Doctor Qin, who had just arrived with Ming Yu, frowned and asked, "There's no effective treatment even with medicines?"

Doctor Qin was highly respected in Liang City and was considered an outstanding physician. Doctor Liu had heard about him, knowing that their military doctors couldn't match his medical skills. At this moment, he could only speak the truth.

Shaking his head, Doctor Liu said, "We've thought of various methods, but the results are not satisfactory."

Doctor Qin remained silent. Traditional Chinese medicine emphasized observation, listening, questioning, and pulse diagnosis. Without witnessing it himself, he couldn't make a judgment. Thus, he needed to personally examine the patients.

"Later, I will go and see the patients..." Doctor Qin began saying, but someone nearby gently reminded him, "This is an epidemic; anyone might get infected. What if we contract the disease while helping them?"

Although spoken softly, many people heard it. Some nodded in agreement, while others furrowed their brows, waiting to see how things unfolded.

Ming Yu, aware that many doctors weren't willing, fell silent. If they all refused, he couldn't force them, could he?

Doctor Qin glanced at the person who had just reminded him and said, "Physicians have the heart of parents. The patients are not strangers; they are the soldiers of Great Yan. How can we stand by and watch them die? If you are afraid, there's no need to carry the title of a physician who saves lives."

His words were weighty, and the person who had just reminded him looked embarrassed. He hadn't expected that his well-intentioned reminder would be retorted. For a moment, he couldn't save face and had to keep silent.