Chapter 103

Naturally, there were discussions in the court, but Ming Yu wasn't concerned at all. After all, the Emperor, his father, was there to shield him from any criticism.

The five days passed quickly, and early in the morning, Ming Yu left the palace to find Xie Yixiu. Today was the Royal Princess's garden party, though she had mentioned it as a small gathering, many people still attended.

Ming Yu was very excited. He had informed Xie Yixiu to prepare and wear the clothes he sent over. Then, he personally went to pick him up. These clothes were specially prepared for Xie Yixiu. Being a military general stationed at the border, his usual attire was simple and practical. However, on such an important day, he couldn't afford to be casual. Ming Yu cared about his image, and today, he was going to meet wealthy ladies and young noblewomen. If he looked too plain, he might be looked down upon.

Seated in the carriage, Ming Yu wore a magnificent deep purple robe that complemented his flawless, fair skin like exquisite jade. He had a playful smile, and his eyes sparkled with a hint of starlight.

On the other hand, Xie Yixiu wore a moon-white robe with subtle silver patterns embroidered along the hem and cuffs. It was refined, simple, and slightly elegant, enhancing his noble and clear demeanor. Ming Yu leaned lazily against the carriage wall, appreciating Xie Yixiu's appearance. The once solitary and austere military general now exuded a sense of nobility and purity.

Ming Yu, with a satisfied expression, looked at Xie Yixiu, appreciating the refined figure. He couldn't help but reveal a smile. Xie Yixiu's stature and frame, when stripped of the military aura, were truly impressive. The charm exuding from him could undoubtedly captivate a group of young ladies.

Ming Yu, in a carefree manner, admired him, making Xie Yixiu's ears slightly warm. He pretended to be calm, lowered his head to adjust his sleeves, and asked with a slightly hoarse voice, "Where are we going?"

Ming Yu had sent these clothes yesterday, along with a letter asking him to wear them today. However, he hadn't mentioned the specific destination, leaving Xie Yixiu confused.

Ming Yu, mysteriously, replied, "You'll know when we get there."

Unable to extract any more information, Xie Yixiu gave up. Whatever, Ming Yu had a firm decision, and he probably wouldn't betray himself.

The carriage soon stopped, and a servant's voice came from outside, "Reporting to Prince, we have arrived."

Rubbing his hands together, Ming Yu smiled and said, "General Xie, please." With that, he jumped out of the carriage.

Helpless, Xie Yixiu followed suit. Glancing around, he found himself facing a luxurious courtyard gate, guarded by attendants. Perplexed, Xie Yixiu noticed Ming Yu already walking towards them. The servants handed over a golden invitation card to check, and upon seeing Ming Yu, they respectfully bowed and allowed him entry, without a trace of arrogance.

Ming Yu nodded slightly in acknowledgment, showing no arrogance or superiority. He turned to look at Xie Yixiu, smiling, "Come on, General Xie!"

Xie Yixiu shook his head, quickening his pace. He decided to go with the flow; after all, Ming Yu rarely changed his mind once he made a decision. He thought, "What's the worst that can happen? Ming Yu won't sell me out, right?"

As they entered, the guards at the gate exchanged puzzled glances. One of them said, "Did I see it correctly just now? Was that really the Fourteenth Prince?"

The Fourteenth Prince was a legend in the capital. Despite being relegated to a borderland, his name was still well-known. The rumors about the Fourteenth Prince were numerous and varied, creating a larger-than-life image. These two guards, who were just ordinary people, couldn't believe their eyes. Was the elegant and graceful young man who just walked by truly the Fourteenth Prince? The rumors had depicted him as foolish and obese. How could the reality be so different?