Chapter 85

Xie Yixiu killed the last wolf with a swift stroke and threw it forcefully to the ground. Only then did he stand up straight and look towards Ming Yu not far away.

Ming Yu smiled as he approached, clapping his hands and saying, "General Xie, impressive!"

Xie Yixiu scanned the surroundings, looking at the battlefield littered with wolf corpses. This wasn't his credit; most of it was due to Ming Yu eliminating the wolf pack.

Leaving the tribe, the two of them headed north, the surroundings becoming more desolate. Eventually, there were no signs of human habitation, only the appearance of fierce beasts like wolf-bears.

With Xie Yixiu around, Ming Yu wasn't afraid. However, whenever he had time, he studied the so-called fire and medicine mentioned by the craftsman before. A few days ago, Ming Yu discovered a nitrate mine and collected a good amount. Combined with the sulfur he brought from the tribe to repel snakes, insects, and ants, he managed to create something useful.

The wolf pack they encountered today had been following them for two days. Meeting a wolf pack in the wild was dangerous; they moved in an organized manner, patiently waiting for an opportunity under the leadership of the alpha wolf.

There were about a dozen wolves in this pack, and they had targeted Ming Yu and Xie Yixiu for two days. Facing such a situation in the wilderness was perilous. Wolves hunted in packs, waiting for a chance to attack when their prey was tired and frightened.

Xie Yixiu was anxious when he first noticed the wolf pack. Carefully guarding against them, he knew that running away was the least wise option. If the wolves sensed any fear, they would immediately attack.

Ming Yu had also noticed this. When leaving the tribe, he collected sulfur used for repelling snakes, insects, and ants, preparing for unexpected situations. Later, when he found a nitrate mine, he managed to create fire, explosive devices, and more for self-defense.

This batch of wolves became Ming Yu's training target. Mixing fire and medicine with sharp stones, shards of porcelain, and flammable materials sealed in a ceramic bottle, he lit the fuse and threw it into the wolf pack. The resulting shockwave and projectiles, along with the intense explosion and the flammable nature of the fire, left the wolves with no escape. The first wave severely injured several wolves.

Seizing the opportunity, Xie Yixiu engaged in combat with the alpha wolf trying to escape, eventually killing it, except for two or three wolves that managed to flee. The rest were all killed by Xie Yixiu's blade.

"How was it? Easy peasy, right? This thing isn't bad, huh?" Ming Yu said playfully, his eyes and lips showing a faint smile.

"Yeah," Xie Yixiu nodded.

He had underestimated Ming Yu. During their time in Liangcheng, Ming Yu went to the craftsman's workshop every day, most likely to learn how to make such things. Now, he had successfully crafted one himself without the need for anyone else.

"It's a pity it's not perfect yet. The main issue is the scarcity of materials at the moment. If we had iron nails, steel balls, and black oil for combustion inside, the power would probably be even greater. Also, the sealing effect of the ceramic bottle isn't ideal, resulting in a limited blast radius. Perhaps, after returning, I'll think of a solution to see if there are alternative materials to increase its power tenfold or even a hundredfold," Ming Yu expressed some regret. In his view, the current effect was only slightly better than setting off firecrackers, far from meeting his expectations.

Hearing this, Xie Yixiu had nothing more to say. He had seen the effect just now. If it could have tenfold or a hundredfold power, this item could become a powerful tool for breaking mountains and splitting rocks. If used in the military, the damage it could inflict would be considerable. He was already thinking of asking Ming Yu for more in the future.