Chapter 91

Wei Yuanhuan's martial arts skills were quite decent, with each move executed with precision. However, he faced Mo Jiang, whose practiced military boxing focused on attacking ruthlessly. Mo Jiang had made up his mind to make Wei Yuanhuan suffer, targeting his most vulnerable areas with every strike.

Each punch hit its mark, every move aimed at a vital point. Wei Yuanhuan was continuously forced backward.

Before long, Wei Yuanhuan couldn't keep up, and Mo Jiang executed a shoulder throw, pinning him to the ground, unable to move. Mo Jiang withdrew the fist that had landed on his face and coldly asked, "Do you surrender?"

Wei Yuanhuan felt like his bones were falling apart at this point, turning his head to spit out bloody saliva, howling, "Despicable and shameless, using such underhanded tricks."

Wei Yuanhuan had never encountered such a rogue fighting style before – strikes to the throat, kicks to the waist and groin, many unconventional moves. Was this the proper way for military personnel to fight? What distinguished it from the methods of street thugs?

Mo Jiang, feeling both angry and amused, let him go and stood up. "Remember, in the pursuit of victory over the enemy, there's no need for gentlemanly conduct. As long as you can win, it doesn't matter whether it's noble or not. In battle, often a single deadly move decides everything. If you can't control the enemy, all that's left is to take a beating, and in more serious cases, you might lose your life."

Mo Jiang's words made sense, and Wei Yuanhuan had to admit it, though it overturned his worldview. Slowly climbing to a sitting position, Wei Yuanhuan hurt all over. He cursed himself inwardly but couldn't find words to refute Mo Jiang.

"As for your question, once you can beat me, I'll explain it to you," Mo Jiang said after thoroughly dealing with him. He felt particularly pleased and patted Wei Yuanhuan's shoulder with a smile.

The pat, intentional or not, hit Wei Yuanhuan's sore spot, causing him to grit his teeth to endure the pain. He had learned his lesson.

"Good! We'll have another round another day," Wei Yuanhuan said defiantly. "I don't believe I can't beat you."

"No need to wait for another day," Mo Jiang pondered. "Tomorrow, let the stationed troops challenge us, and if any of you can win, you won't have to train with the new recruits. Instead, you'll train with the Guard Camp soldiers. How about that?"

Wei Yuanhuan's eyes lit up. "Is this for real?"

They had come to the Guard Camp to improve their combat capabilities, so what was the point of training with the new recruits in running? If Mo Jiang's words were true, this could be an opportunity.

Mo Jiang nodded. If these young recruits could win, he wouldn't have to be their Guard Camp commander anymore.

With the plan set, Wei Yuanhuan limped out to spread the news. He couldn't believe that these capable soldiers from the stationed troops couldn't win at least one match.

The next morning, the training ground was crowded with people, both old and new. Wei Yuanhuan, unable to participate due to his injuries, sat on a chair on the sidelines. Seeing his swollen face, no one dared to speak up. According to his explanation, he had sparred with Mo Jiang and accidentally got injured. Mo Jiang seemed too formidable; what if he really played rough? They would have no way to survive.

Not far away, Mo Jiang looked over coldly, and Wei Yuanhuan felt a sudden pang of pain, as if his injuries had intensified. Thinking of Mo Jiang's ruthless actions, he couldn't muster any resistance and dared not meet his gaze.