Chapter 146

Everyone gathered around, curious about what Old Master Yu intended to do.

Old Master Yu was calm and composed. He had practiced this many times in private and was now adept at introducing the products.

He picked up a small, square item, raised it in front of everyone, and said, "This is soap. When used to wash clothes or clean dirty things, its effect is excellent."

He then took a piece of dark cloth handed to him by someone nearby, submerged it in water, and washed it twice with the item he called soap. The visible dirt gradually disappeared, turning the originally clear water into a murky color.

"Look at things that are difficult to clean, like this. Just use it, and you can clean them as good as new," Old Master Yu explained. He personally demonstrated by washing his hands to show the soap's effectiveness in removing oil and dirt.

The onlookers exchanged glances, witnessing the truth of Old Master Yu's words. The soap indeed seemed convenient and practical. People currently used grass ash or soap beans for laundry, and this soap appeared to be a much better alternative. The question was, what would be the price of this new item?

Some individuals began to secretly calculate. The current situation wasn't suitable for discussing such matters, so they would have to inquire discreetly later.

Old Master Yu then presented another item called scented soap. It had a glossy and pure white appearance, with a faint fragrance wafting through the air.

"This scented soap contains aromatic oils. When used for washing and bathing, the fragrance can linger for a long time. It's much better than incense. I don't know the preferences of people in the Central Plains, but here, our young girls and ladies particularly enjoy using this," Old Master Yu proudly explained. "I've prepared some for each of you to take home and try. See how effective it is."

Delicate, carved wooden boxes were handed to everyone, and some couldn't wait to open and examine them. Old Master Yu had already informed them of the characteristics of this scented soap, and now, as they saw it, it lived up to the description. The soap had a lustrous appearance, silky texture, and emitted a fragrance that spread from within. It was easy to imagine the kind of sensation it would create once introduced to the market.

Moreover, the scented soaps in their hands were obviously not the same. The colors and scents varied. Clearly, these scented soaps weren't just samples.

To know, the value of aromatic substances was extremely high. Ordinary people couldn't afford them, and only royalty, nobility, or high-ranking officials could use incense. However, scented soap, which could leave a lasting fragrance on the body with simple use, was convenient, practical, and saved a lot of trouble. Furthermore, it offered different scents, allowing individuals to have a choice and making it more appealing.

Someone couldn't wait any longer and eagerly asked, "Old Master Yu, how much is this scented soap?"

This question echoed the thoughts of everyone present, and all eyes turned to Old Master Yu.

"The price is not high, at least affordable for the common people in the southern regions," Old Master Yu said calmly. "Think about it. If every household in Dayan uses our soap and scented soap, imagine how much silver you can earn. If you are interested in this business, you can bring it up as soon as possible. Once you agree and sign the contract, I can produce as much as you need, following your requirements."

They had long ago established the division of labor for cooperation. Here, the workshop was responsible for production and technical aspects, while other matters such as taking orders, negotiating, and managing cooperation were entrusted to Xu Wen.