My Future

*the parts in italics are all flashbacks*

----

My heart stopped beating at that moment when I felt her body went limp in my arms. I honestly don't know what to do and it's not because I have no knowledge of first aid for situations like this but because the person involved is not just someone; she's the woman that kept me alive for so long with her own warmth and brightness, and seeing her like this for the first time sucked the life out of me. My whole body won't move no matter how much my mind is screaming and telling me to help her, to do something-anything!

Fortunately, while I was frozen on my spot with the unconscious girl on my arms, someone came rushing to the scene with a cry.

"Unnie!"

"Jennie-ssi." I looked at her and mumbled in surprise and thankfulness at the same time.

In an instant, she was at our side calling out Joohyun's name and shaking her body. All her efforts failed to wake up the passed out girl but instead, I was the one that woke up. Stopping my incompetence, I carried Joohyun to bring her to somewhere more comfortable.

"I'll bring her to her room. Where is it?"

I turned to Jennie-ssi for directions and she pointed at the only black door inside the house. Carefully, I made my way towards the said room and with the help of Jennie-ssi the door was opened and I was greeted by her room.

The way her room looks initially surprised me. It was designed in a very familiar way. It looked like her old room, or better yet our old room since I stayed there more than I do at my own house. Even the furniture looks the same and looking at it while I'm here with her can't do anything but make me feel nostalgic.

Jennie-ssi tapped my shoulder breaking my trance. Remembering what needs to be done, I shook my head free of those thoughts and placed Joohyun down on her bed.

To be honest, looking at her with her eyes closed as she lies on her bed, she looks stunningly beautiful; just like some sleeping fairytale princess. If only I'm not aware that of the truth that she fainted and is not asleep, I would have just stayed there to admire her, but that's not the case.

"I don't know what happened. She was just fine a while ago when her body started shaking and she began crying and then..." I started recalling what happened to give Jennie-ssi a glimpse of the turn of events.

There was silence for a minute and then a deep sigh came from the other person in the room. Doing so caught my attention and temporarily, I left Joohyun's face and looked at her instead.

"I should have known that this would happen."

"What do you mean by that? How come you were able to guess that she would faint and yet you still left her?" Calmly, though I'm anything but calm, I asked.

"This happens often." She said, making my eyes widen in shock and worry. "I mean, this usually happens around this time of the year when she clearly remembers everything that happened 6 years ago."

Whatever Jennie-ssi is trying to explain, only made things more confusing for me. I looked at her with creased brows as I try to decipher her words. Hopefully she'll get the idea and clear things out.

"I'm also positive that you triggered this even more." She gave me an accusing look catching me off guard.

"Me?" I pointed at myself in disbelief. "Why me?"

Instead of answering my questions, she just heaved another deep sigh and took a seat at the edge of Joohyun's bed as she stroke her beloved unnie's hair.

"You better take a seat if you want to hear what happened 6 years ago." She sounded more like commanding than suggesting. "Even I still get weak knees and air sucked out of me when recalling the events." She admitted sorrowfully.