When the Lawyer meets the waitress...

It's been a relaxing day inside the café. It wasn't too crowded that I had no time to rest nor was it too empty that I had nothing to do. It was what I call a perfect business day.

I was just fixing the table that a group of 3 vacated when I heard the door chimes signaling that another customer came in. Stopping from wiping the table with a wet cloth, I turned to the newcomer and greeted.

"Welcome." I bowed.

"Hyun."

Quickly, I stood straight after hearing my name come from an unfamiliar voice. Or so I thought. After getting a clear view of his face, I knew I was right. It was unfamiliar in a sense that it has been years since I last heard it personally. It is him. That voice belonged to him.

I'm freaking stunned at his sudden arrival. It's been too long. It's been exactly 7 years and he's here now, standing dashingly in front of me. But why does he look like that? He looks so down, like how he usually looks when he has something troubling him deeply.

Neither of us moved nor made a sound and we just stared at each other probably afraid that if we blink for even just a second the illusion will be gone and we'll find ourselves standing alone, staring at nothing but air like how it always was in the past years.

"Joohyun, would you be a dear and bring this carrot cake to table 7?"

I was jolted back to reality when I heard Taeyeon Unnie making an order and I realized where I was and what I should be doing. Right, I'm at work and I'll have to deal with this later.

"Arasso Unnie! Just give me a sec." I replied at her and looked apologetically at the one in front of me. "Should I get your order now so I can make it while I'm attending to the other customers?"

He smiled at me understanding that we'll have to postpone our meeting. "You know what to order."

"Alright. I'll be back with it in a while." I smiled knowingly and left.

Getting myself together, I took hasty steps towards the counter to serve the carrot cake and gave Taeyeon Unnie his order.

"Unnie, one cup of black coffee for table 8."

And I took off to bring the carrot cake to table 7. On my way there, I can't help but steal a glance at him. I quickly looked back to the customers when I saw him staring at me.

"Bae Joohyun get a hold of yourself. You're not some teenage kid so stop acting like one." I scolded myself.

In an attempt to calm down, I took a deep breath and started working again. I tried so hard not to be bothered by his presence but how is that even possible? Kim Taehyung's always has been a scene stealer. No matter where he is or what he does, he just gets everyone's attention with that air of confidence surrounding him and well, who would forget about his charming good looks? Even Taeyeon Unnie gushed with how handsome he looks, especially with his sleek and crisp suit on.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that we still have 3 hours till we get off of work. How will I even get through these 3 hours with him just sitting there looking at me while I run about? He never changed that habit of his. He still doesn't get how conscious and embarrassed I get every time he just stares at me whilst doing other things. What makes things worse is, that's the same gaze that made me feel like I'm the only person he sees, like I'm the only important thing out there. He makes me extremely frustrated for doing it now, because he shouldn't be. I know he shouldn't.

Taeng Unnie gave me his order and I brought it to his table.

"You didn't change your preference did you?" I probed hoping that I got what he wanted correctly.