Baby Girl who?

I turned around and saw the baby girl that he was referring to, placing a wide smile on my face. "Ah so she's up." I wanted to greet her but I know it's not a good idea to disturb her when she's concentrating on something. "Well you could say that. But she's not Jennie's." I informed him.

"Tiffany's?" He guessed. "I didn't hear about her marriage. I thought we were close enough to get invited on her wedding day." He sulked at the thought of being uninvited by my sister making me laugh.

"Don't worry. I wasn't invited myself." I told him sadly as he gave me a look of disbelief. Looking at his expression I can't help but smile a little at the thought that he's still the same Kim Taehyung after all this years.

"No one was actually invited since she didn't get married." I continued leaving him all the more flabbergasted. As much as it amuses me to prolong this charades since it's been a long time since I was able to do this, I have to stop before a big misunderstanding happens. I let out the laugh that I was trying to hold in and clarified, "And no, she did not get pregnant out of wedlock though there's nothing wrong about that. But that baby girl's not hers as well."

His jaw fell as some kind of conclusion came to his mind. "You're married?!"

"Oh Goodness NO!" I answered repulsively. "You know me Kim Taehyung! You know my thoughts about marriage! How could you even think that way?!"

He laughed at my reaction saying, "You know what's funny?" he paused, waiting to get my full attention. "What?" I asked. "It's very hilarious that you were fine when I assumed that you were dating Jennie-ssi and then when I thought you got married you reacted violently." He pointed out while laughing his heart out.

Noticing what he said, I joined in his laughter since he's right. I did react harsher over the thought of marriage. Though it's not something new, it's still amusing how messed up my thoughts can be at times.

After the laughter died down, Taehyung went back to his probing. "If she's not Jennie-ssi's or Tifany's or even yours, then is she a neighbor's kid that you're just baby-sitting? Does your pay at the café not cover everything that you had to do baby-sitting at the side?"

A lot of questions are obviously on his mind and since this talk has been going on for too long, I guess I would have to give the answers to everything now. No more vague statements or misleading hints. I have to lay everything down now. This is after all my intention for the promise that I made him keep.

"Would you want to greet the cute little girl?" I inquired as a start.

"Is it alright if I do?" He asked for permission. "Honestly, I've been itching to approach and hug that cute little girl ever since she started waddling towards the living room. You know how much I love kids." He confessed shyly.

With that, I stood up and urged him to follow. "Come on. I'll introduce you."

We made our way towards the little girl that has her face scrunched up in concentration with what she was doing. With the looks of it, she was trying to write something but incessantly erases what she wrote maybe thinking that she spelled it wrong or mistaken one letter as for another. "Typical of her" I giggled.

"I never got my 'you're finally home' and 'I missed you so much' kisses." I pouted playfully as I squatted beside the troubled girl.

Realizing that I was the one talking, she immediately let go of her jumbo pencil and squealed in delight giving me a big hug which I returned lovingly.

"You're home! I missed you!" she exclaimed and then gave me a wet and noisy kiss on the cheeks making me laugh.

"I missed you too. So much!" I showered her with kisses all over her face making her squirm in my embrace.