chapter 2

Valentina: Lexi told me about someone named Zadavia i see she made the right choice for the team, i'm really happy to be here with you Tech thanks again for doing this for us.
Tech: of course but it is nice having you here we have a lot to catch up on.
Rev: hey guys i'm back and i picked up enough pizza for dinner.
Lilly: yeah pizza! Ace picked up Lilly and put her on his shoulders as he walked over to get some pizza everyone sat down at the table and ate some pizza, then after dinner Tech and Ace were showing the girls their rooms.
Ace: first stop is Lilly's room. the doors opened and Lilly saw how her room looked.
Lilly: wow my room looks like a fairytale! Lexi poked her head into Lilly's room and smiled at the scene.
Lexi: you like your room Lilly?
Lilly: yeah i love it!
Ace: glad you do Lexi helped out Tech even helped out as well.
Tech: now for your room Valentina it right acrossed from Lilly's so she can walk across the hall in case of emergancy, i tried to get something's right about your room since i wanted it to be a surprise for you. the doors opened and Valentina saw stars on the ceiling along with a moon there were stars hanging on the ceiling, Valentina walked over and saw how her bed looked it was like a crescent moon.

Tech: you like it?
Valentina: i love it thank you Tech! Valentina hugged Tech as he hugged her back Tech held Valentina close to him as they pulled apart and Valentina set her suitcase down on the bed.
Tech: i hope you'll be comfortable here in HQ.
Valentina: at least it was you i ran into thanks for everything Tech but i should unpack and i'm guessing you already put our boxes in our rooms.
Ace: we did while Tech was giving you and Lilly a tour Slam, Rev, Lexi, Duck and i all moved the boxes in your rooms.
Lilly: thank you Ace.
Valentina: this is going to be interesting so i better unpack this might take me a while but Lexi could you help Lilly with her room.
Lexi: sure no problem.
Ace: you want any help Valentina?
Valentina: no thanks i can handle this myself. Valentina put everything away then laid on her bed while holding her locket looking up at the moon in her room. a little later on it was time for Lilly to get ready for bed then she walked to the den and saw Lilly playing air hockey with Duck and she won.
Valentina: time for bed you still have school tomorrow so come on you have to brush your teeth after you get your pjs on.
Lilly: okay Aunt Valentina night guys.
Duck: night Lilly. you owe me a rematch.

*in Lilly's room*

Lilly had finished getting her pajama's on and walked over to her bed but was picked up and saw it was her Aunt.
Valentina: ready for bed?
Lilly: yeah. Valentina walked over to the bed and put Lilly down so she could get under the covers then Valentina tucked her in, and gave Lilly her teddy bear.
Valentina: you have fun with everyone today?
Lilly: i did and i'm grateful for what they did for us.
Valentina: me too but now time for bed you want a lullaby or a story?
Lilly: can you tell me the story of how you and Tech met?
Valentina: so you wanna know how we met huh? well alright it all began when Tech and i were kids we both met in the park we got to know each other then we became good friends.
Lilly: it almost sounds like how Mommy and Daddy met.
Valentina: (chuckles) i guess it does but it's different and the truth Tech can tell you better than me since it was from my point of view, i mean we're both coyotes but you your special since your half coyote. how you remind me of your Mom but your half of your Dad half wolf i'm happy she met Dave but get some sleep you need your energy for school, (kisses Lilly's forehead) sweet dreams babycakes see you in the morning. Valentina left Lilly's room and turned off the light as she walked out into the hallway.

*outside of Lilly's room*

Valentina walked into the den and sat down on the couch while moving her hair out of her face.
Lexi: Lilly in bed?
Valentina: yeah she has school tomorrow so i gotta drop her off tomorrow and find another job so i can help out around here.
Ace: Valentina that's not nesscary we're heros and what we do is different.
Valentina: i know you all got your powers from the meteor that hit earth i know but i was in a different place for college, and yet i feel like it would've hit where i was.
Tech: well it didn't so your lucky and besides you look fine the way you are.
Valentina: gee thanks Tech you might be the braniac of this team but your still my friend and i think i could help out, with the inventions if you like that is.
(smirks) hey Tech do you remember the game we used to play as kids?
Tech: yes why? Valentina tackled Tech to the ground and everyone looked at them confused by what just happened.
Valentina: that's why cause now your in for it. Tech held Valentina's hands away from him as he tried to stop her from tickling him, Tech playfully shoved his friend off of him and helped Valentina up from the ground.
Valentina: i'm gonna head to bed night everyone. Valentina went to her room and got changed into her pajama's which consisted of a black tank top and dark blue leggings Valentina climbed into bed and set her alarm so she could wake up like she always does.

Valentina: tomorrow is going to be different i know it so right now i need to get some sleep and not over sleep, i have to take Lilly to school in the morning. Valentina went to sleep and laid comfortably under the covers as she slept. Tech was walking to his room but he stopped in front of Valentina's room as he opened the doors and saw his friend sleeping peacefully, Tech smiled and left Valentina's room so she could sleep.
Tech: she's here with her niece where their safe and out of harm. Tech went to his room and went to bed.

*next day*

Lilly was eating breakfast then heard the doors open Valentina walked in as she smelled breakfast then grabbed a piece of toast, then grabbed her keys as she saw Lilly grabbing her backpack.
Lexi: hey Lilly i packed you a lunch your Aunt helped me out.
Lilly: thank you Lexi.
Tech: Valentina be safe out there who know's what might happen. let me come with you both i have been trying to get out of the lab more.
Valentina: it's fine Tech i took martial arts classes so don't worry we'll be fine.
Tech: let me give you both a ride.
Lilly: thank you Tech. they all walked to the hanger and Tech showed the girls what he designed he helped them inside and took the smaller version of the Loonaporter.

*tiny time skip*

Tech and Valentina walked into the hanger cause Tech wanted to show Valentina a side project he was working on.
Valentina: alright Tech I'll bite what're we doing in the hanger?
Tech: i wanted your help on something i was working (turns on lights) this zoomatrix is for you Valentina i was trying to build it for you, when i saw you again and well being a hero has a way to call.
Valentina: Tech you didn't have to do this for me.
Tech: i know but i wanted too. and i could use some help with this i asked Rev but he just well you know ran out of here.
Valentina: well he is a roadrunner so whatcha gonna do. so what's you plan for this baby?
Tech: (smiles) i knew you'd be on board for this.
Valentina: hand me some tools and we'll get to work. they both got to work until they both heard Duck yell something.
Tech: what Duck we're busy.
Duck: Valentina you have a call from Lilly's school.
Valentina: thanks Duck (takes off protective goggles) give me the phone. Duck handed the phone to Valentina and she was talking with Lilly's teacher she was having a bit of difficulty in science class but knew who could teach Lilly a thing or two, after the call Valentina walked over to Tech and sat down on the latter.
Tech: Valentina what's wrong?

Valentina: nothing it's just Lilly's teacher said she's having a bit of trouble in science class there isn't a thing i could help her with, but i was wondering if you could Tech you were the better scientist.
Tech: now i know that's not true your just as brilliant of a mind as i am, and i know your still the same coyote i met all those years ago. we both help Lilly with her science class i think we can do it together as a team. Valentina looked at Tech and saw he was making a face with puppy dogs eyes the very thing that Valentina couldn't say no too.
Valentina: (laughs) alright alright stop your going to make me laugh if you keep, that up i swear you always used to make those puppy dog eyes when we were kids. just stop you win you win.
Tech: i knew that trick you still work on you.
Valentina: oh shut up wise guy you just had to make that face you know i can't say no to it!