Chapter 22

Picture of Alexis!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got to Brandon's house and found his parents each holding a baby. His mom was holding Josh and his dad was holding Alexis. When they saw us, Brandon's dad walked up to us.

"Take her, please! She cries 24/7!" He said with a smile.

"Yeah!" I said and took her. To be honest with you, I've been having the best time at Brandon's. I know I've only been there for a few months or so, but they've treated me like family anyway.

They think me and Brandon are gonna get married, we all know that's not gonna happen. I wish it would though. Brandon is the best person that God put into my life! Brandon's funny, smart, cute, charming, outgoing, caring, and loving. I don't know what I would've done without him in my life.

Once I had her in my arms, my heart started racing. I always thought that I was gonna drop her or make a mistake.

I felt hands being wrapped around my waist and pulling me into them. I realized that it was Brandon. He put his head on my shoulder. "She looks just like you. Except for the hair, she got that from me!" He said laughing at the end of his sentence.

I loved it when Brandon laughed. That's how I knew that he cared about what we were doing or where we were at the moment.

I looked over at him and smack his arm playfully. "Shut up! At least she has my nose and my ears!" I said smiling.

Brandon grabbed her from me and walked into his room and came out with a clean diaper and baby powder. "Her diaper needs to be changed." He says handing me the baby and the diaper and baby powder.

"Why do I have to do it? She was in your arms." I asked.

"Because is not my week! Plus, I still have to change your brother's diaper when I don't change hers!"

"And who came up with that rule?" I said smiling.

Brandon looked down at the floor. "I did.." He said and picked up Josh from the floor.

We both got the babies ready to have our new tradition, Diaper Changing Competition. We got off each of the babies bottom half of their clothes and me and Brandon looked at each there.

"I'm gonna beat you this time! You won't even see it coming!" Brandon said.

"In your precious little dreams, Brandon! I'm gonna beat your ass!" I said.

Brandon called it off. "On your marks.. Get set.. Go!" He said.

We opened the diapers. I had Alexis with a clean diaper and Brandon had Josh with a poopy diaper.

"Yes!" I said under my breath.

I still went fast, even though Josh had a poopy diaper, it didn't mean that Brandon would take longer to catch up to where I was. I put on Alexis's bottom half of her clothes back on. It was obvious that I won and Brandon knew it.

"I win again!" I said, cheering for myself.

"That's not fair! This baby hates me!" Brandon says in a pouty mood.

I put both babies back in their cribs and walked over to Brandon who was sitting on the couch. I sat down next to him. "Babe, he doesn't hate you he just has it when he has it," I said.

Brandon looked at me. "I was kidding." He said with a smile on his face. He started to laugh before I joined in with him.

We stopped and Brandon leaned in and kissed me. I was in the moment until his mom and dad walked in.

"Please, stop! Wait until marriage this time, please? We don't need another kid crawling around the house." Brandon's dad said. Brandon and I laughed.

Well, Brandon laughed, I was blushing the whole time.

"George!" Brandon's mom hit Brandon's dad in the arm. "I would love to have another kid living in this house!" She said.

"Honey!" Brandon's dad, kind of, yelled.

"Oh, what are you scared of, George? They're just babies, they don't know any better!" Brandon's mom said.

"I'll say! When Brandon was a baby, he would go into the bathroom and put his hand in the toilet and then take it out and put it in his mouth!" Brandon's dad said.

I laughed a little at that, but not a lot.

"Dad!" Brandon yelled, sounding embarrassed.

"Oh, Brandon! It's nothing to be ashamed about! You were just a kid!" His mother said.

I looked at him and saw him blushing. When I looked over at him he looked at me. We were looking into each other's eyes. We were... In a moment... I guess you would call it.

"Not again." I heard Brandon's dad say. His dad walked upstairs with his wife.

Brandon and I were still looking at each other. "I'm sorry about them. They like to tell stories about me when I was little." Brandon told me.

"Don't worry. If we were over with my mom, she would be doing the same thing." I said back.

Brandon leans down and kissed me on the lips again. But this time, he knocked me over making me fall backward to lay on the couch. We didn't do anything... It just turned into a make-out session.

We stopped when we heard Josh whining to get out of his crib. Brandon groans and lets Josh out. Josh goes off somewhere in the house while Brandon and I turn on the TV.

What was bothering me the most about the living room, was that Josh and Alexis weren't moved into Brandon's room yet. Their stuff is, but they aren't. Their cribs block the way of the TV screen so we have to move them over to the side, but Brandon knows that I don't like that because I can't see if their breathing or not.

Other than that, my day was perfect. Well, almost perfect until Alexis started crying again.