Chapter 8

Picture Of Josh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still looking at my little brother. Chase was still talking. I was trying to ignore him because he was talking about how he thought Mr. Young was 'a bad person' for me to be around for the rest of my life. I keep telling him that when I turn 18, I would move out with my little brother.

"I don't think you should go and live with Mr. Young! Especially with Josh around now! He doesn't know how to take care of kids, especially his own!" Chase told me. He was acting like my dad; always caring about me and making sure that I'm safe.

"It's not your decision, Chase! It's not even a choice for me!" I said. I felt like bursting into tears right then and there. He was kind of making me mad. Why does Chase want me to live with him so bad?

"I know..." He said. "I know..." He said again, this time in a whisper.

There was a little pause after we were done. I couldn't take the silence anymore. I was done talking to Chase.

"I'm sorry, but I can't take this anymore," I said starting to walk away. Until I felt someone grab my wrist. I turned around. "Let go!" I said struggling to get loose.

"Sadie," Chase said in a whisper. "Don't do this. Do what's right for Josh."

I looked back towards Josh. I started walking towards him. Then Chase walked up next to me. Josh started to laugh. He had a cute laugh. It was a girl laugh. Did they get the gender wrong?

I looked up at Chase. "I'll think about it," I said and walked back to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 3 weeks. Today, I get out of the hospital with my little brother. I still haven't made my decision yet. I walk out into the lobby, with Josh in my arms, to see Chase, Chase's mom, Mr. and Mrs. Young.

Mr. Young and his wife walked up to me and Josh. Mrs. Young put her arms out. Do you want a hug or something?

"May I hold him?" Mrs. Young asked.

I was kind of scared to give Josh to her because of what Chase told me. Chase was staring at me. He was mouthing the words 'Don't give him to her.' I handed Josh over to Mrs. Young. She was so gentle with him. "Excuse me," I said to Mr. and Mrs. Young.

"Of course." They said in unison.

I walked over to Chase. "I told you not to give him to her," Chase told me.

"Well, I had a good feeling about her," I said. I couldn't look at him straight in the eyes.

"You have good feelings about everyone!" Chase said.

"JOSH-" I said. I looked around the lobby to see everyone staring at me. "Josh... Is not your little brother, Chase!"

"It doesn't matter, Sadie! I don't think you should trust them!" Chase told me.

I looked around the lobby for a few seconds and then looked back up at Chase. "I've made my decision," I said.

I walked back over to where Josh was. Mr. and Mrs. Young were so nice and sweet to Josh.

I think these people, aren't who Chase thinks they are. I think that they are the perfect family for me to change my life and lifestyle, and I think that this is the perfect family for Josh to start his new life with.

The one thing that I would like to tell Mr. and Mrs. Young is, "Could you guys not mention my birth parents to Josh when he's older? I don't want him to be looking for them or anything." I told them.

Mrs. Young had a worried look on her face. "Well... Mr. Young is his real father. And his mom is y-"

"Don't talk about my mom around me..." I interrupted. "Please."

They were both shocked. I could tell that they couldn't wait to change...well... Me.

Mr. Young looked at me with a face that said 'Shut up'.

"Um... Okay... Do you want to go back to the house and get your stuff? Or do you just, want to come and take a look at our house, first?" Mr. Young asked me.

I looked over at Chase. He was looking at me. "Could we go back to the house. I want to get my stuff and Zeus."

"Who's Zeus?" Mrs. Young asked.

"Oh... Zeus is my dog." I said.

"We can't have dogs around the house." Mr. Young said.

I was surprised. They've had a dog in the house before. I never knew where it went. "Well... Why not? You guys have had a dog in the house before." I said.

"Well... You can keep him in a room, but he can't be around the house." Mr. Young said.

"Fine. Whatever." I said. "Can we just go to my house? Now!" I asked. I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that I wasn't quite used to them yet.

We started walking towards the front door. I had Josh in my arms. I saw Chase. He was looking at me. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Hey. We're heading over to my house right now if you want to meet me there. We're going over there to get ALL of my stuff so... I guess I'll see you there. Bye!

Once we got to the house, I immediately caught eyes with Chase. He was sitting on the front porch. When we pulled up to the driveway, Chase stood up.

I was the first one to get out of the car. Then Mr. Young, followed by Mrs. Young and Josh. I walked up to Chase and gave him a huge hug. I had to stand on my tippy toes. I think I caught him by surprise because he didn't hug me back right away like he normally does.

"Sorry Chase, but you can't be here-"

"It's fine!" I interrupted Mr. Young. "I invited him over to help me pack," I said, and I walked into the house.

When I walked in, I turned towards the stairs and saw the spot where I got kicked. Then I looked up the stairs, where I got pushed. I started having flashbacks. I had a flashback from when I was in the hospital.