Chapter 5

Picture Of Mr. Young

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning. I was still laying on Chase; my head on his legs, his arm around my body. It felt nice to have someone who cares about me.

I got up and brushed my hair. I walk out back into the living room and Chase is awake.

"Hey! You're finally up." I said, walking into the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and got some Gold Fish.

"Yeah... I was tired last night." Chase said walking into the kitchen. "How was it?"

"How was what?" I asked walking back into the living room again with Chase.

"How was it, sleeping on the couch?" Chase said, putting his hand in the Gold Fish box.

"It was fine! I slept well. Although, I should probably get home. My moms probably worried about me." I said, putting the Gold Fish box on the coffee table. I got up and started walking towards the door.

Chase got up and walked with me. "Well... Could you hang out later tonight? Or not! That's okay too!" Chase said, rubbing his neck. I could tell he was nervous.

"Yeah! Totally! I'll ask my mom when I get home! Is it like a date... Or something? Like, with us just hanging out together as friends... Or-" I was interrupted.

"No! No, u-unless you want it to be?" Chase said. He was looking at me directly in the eyes when we reached the door.

"Sure! Umm... Yeah!" I said chuckling.

He smiled at me. "Okay. I'll pick you up at 6!"

"Okay. Cool. I'll see you later!" I said, waving goodbye to Chase.

"Okay! Bye."

"Bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I got home, I heard someone talking in the kitchen. It sounded like a guy. Then my mom started talking. I couldn't understand them, so I walked a little bit closer to the kitchen, to where neither of them could see me.

"I think that your daughter is just having a rough time in class and is distracted and I-"

"It is none of your concern, Mr. Young! If my daughter is distracted in class, THEN LET HER BE-"

"I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH HER!"

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR CONCERN! SHE'S NOT YOUR DAUGHTER!"

I decided to walk into the kitchen. I couldn't handle it anymore. When I walked into the kitchen, I acted like I didn't hear anything.

"Hey! Hey... Mr. Young? What are you doing here?" I asked. I was looking at him with a confused look on my face.

"I was just-"

"He was just leaving... Sadie." My mom said. Mr. Young turned around and I saw my mom glared at him.

"Uhh... Yeah. I'll see you on Monday, Sadie. Have a good rest of your day." Mr. Young said, walking out the door.

My mom looked over at me, I opened my mouth to talk, but she got to it first.

"I'm sorry, Sadie. I wasn't planning on him coming-"

I interrupted her. "Can I hang out with Chase... At 6?" It came out so fast, it felt like I just did an extreme tongue twister.

"What?" She asked. She had an upset look on her face.

"Sorry... He wanted me to ask you, once I got home." I said.

"First, you weren't home AT ALL last night. Second, your teacher comes over and tells me that you're not focusing in class! What the hell is going on with you!?" She said. It sounded like she was yelling at me. That's not surprising.

"Mom... I'm sorry. I've been thinking a lot about... Dad. I've been thinking, Will he care about what I do still? Would he give up on me because I'm hanging out with a boy?" I felt tears fill my eyes.

"Honey." My mom said. She started to walk up to me. She put up her hands and put them on my shoulders.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I didn't know what had gotten into me at that point. I looked at the clock. It said 5:50. "I'm going to Chase's." I walked towards the front door.

"Don't you walk out that door, Sadie!" I ignored her and opened the door with tears streaming down my face.

"Sadie!" I walked out of the house.

"SADIE!" And closed the door behind me.