Chapter 4

A few days passed by and Chase was out of the hospital. The kids were still in there. We don't know why though.

Chase and I don't talk much. Only at school. My mom suggests that Chase and I should hang out at the park. I always tell her that we do, but I always go to my room.

I don't mean to be rude to Chase. I just have a lot going on in my mind right now. I can't handle him, my school work, taking care of my mom, and not worry about the kids in the hospital.

Should I hang out with Chase tonight? No! It'll seem like we're on a date. My mom wouldn't like that. Neither would my dad... Even though he's dead. He used to care so much about me.

And he still does of course.

He always would keep me safe!

Which I liked a lot!

He once told me, and I can't believe I still remember this, when I was younger, "If you ever want to date a guy, make sure he's the right one. The one who will care for you. The one who will love you and be worried when you're not with him."

Anyways, I miss my dad so much, but I know that he's still right beside me.

I got a text. It was from Chase.

You coming over tonight? My mom will be out tonight, and I was wondering if you would want to come and hang out with me? I know we haven't hung out for awhile, but... I just want to do what we used to do when we were younger. Hope to see you tonight! -Chase

Aww! I thought. I did want to hang out with Chase.

I walk up to my mom and asked her if I could go and hang out with Chase for a little bit. She said I could.

I drove over to Chase's house. When I got there, I walked into his house like it was my own.

Idiot!

Once I walked inside, I saw Chase sitting on the couch. It looked like he was asleep.

But, he just texted me 20 minutes ago?

I sat on the couch. I was starting to lean over to lay on top of Chase until he screamed his head off.

I jump off from the couch and I started to scream with him. I think I peed my pants a little.

After he got done screaming, he started to laugh at me. I looked down and I did pee my pants.

I was so embarrassed! My face felt like it was on fire.

After he started laughing, he got up and hugged me. I hugged him back. "It's okay, Sadie. Here, let me go and get you some sweats." He rubbed my arms, then left. I sat down on the couch.

Wow... That was so embarrassing! I hope he doesn't think I'm weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes passed by. He finally walked into the living room. I made some pizza. I forgot to eat before I left my house.

"Here you go!" Chase said, walking up to me with the sweats in his hands.

"Thanks!" I said. I think I was blushing.

"No problem. It's okay. It wasn't your fault. I scared you."

I looked at him. Then, I smiled. I was glad that he didn't think I was weird. I walked into the bathroom and put the sweats on. I walked out and saw Chase. He was just looking at me.

"What?" I asked. "Is there something wrong? Are they on backward?" I was nervous. Could he tell?

"No! No, it's fine. You look great!" He said smiling at me.

"Thanks," I said back. I walked over to the couch and sat down. Chase sat next to me. He put his arm around me and turned on the TV.

"I've missed you, Sadie."

I looked up at him. His eyes were on the TV. "I missed you too, Chase!" I leaned on him and he pulled me in closer to him. Did he like me back?

We started to watch TV. Chase fell asleep and I was still awake. I look up at him. He was so cute! I turned around to watch TV. Soon, I fell asleep as well.