601 - 610

Chapter 601: Congenial Conversation

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Gu."Yun Xiangxiang smiled in response to Mrs. Gu's compliment.

"Come in and have a seat. Don't be shy. I'm the only child here. I like a lively atmosphere. Treat this place as your own home. Just be casual."Mrs. Gu turned her body and extended her hand to let them in.

Song Mian took Yun Xiangxiang, who was holding his hand, and walked forward. He did not forget to greet Mrs. Gu. "Where are uncle Gu and Grandpa Gu?"

"Lao Qin is at the office. He just called and will be back in half an hour. Your Grandpa Gu is fishing in the backyard. He said that you're here today and he wants to catch a big fish to entertain you,"Mrs. Gu suggested, "Why don't you go and have a look? It's still early and you can accompany him fishing. He's always talking about you."

Before they sat down, Song Mian looked at Yun Xiangxiang and asked for her opinion.

"Sure, I like to eat fish the most, but I've never fished before."Yun Xiangxiang seemed to be very interested.

In fact, she had already noticed that Mrs. Gu had directly ignored the memorial. She did not scowl at it, nor did she look down on it or dislike it. She completely treated the memorial as air.

After all, memorial had helped her senior brother before, and he was a good friend of He Wei. She also admired memorial, so she did not want to stay here and feel awkward.

"Then let's go and see if we can catch a fish."Song Mian nodded and smiled at Mrs. Gu.

"Ah Shan."Mrs. Gu indeed called out to him.

A young man walked over. He was probably a servant hired by the Gu family because they were all wearing the same uniform. "Mrs. Gu."

"Take the guests to master,"Mrs. Gu instructed.

Ah Shan replied and respectfully led the way for Song Mian and the others. "Please follow me, guests."

Yun Xiangxiang smiled politely at Mrs. Gu and followed Ah Shan to the back garden with Song Mian.

The Gu family was really big. It was different from the Chinese style of the song family. It was purely a modern European style. The garden was like a park. Not only were the flowers and trees carefully cultivated, but there were also resting chairs and garbage cans set up around it.

After walking for about ten minutes, they finally saw the fish pond. The two sides of the fish pond were as green as blankets, with willow catkins flying in the air.

There were two servants standing where the resting chairs were. A man wearing a straw hat and a t-shirt was sitting on the winding stone steps that went down into the fish pond.

They did not immediately go up to disturb him. Instead, they followed gu zai Zi and led them to a place with servants to sit down.

Gu Zaizi ordered the servants to change into tea, fruit juice, and pastries. From the beginning to the end, Gu Zaizi held onto memorial's wrist tightly.

Memorial struggled for a few times but could not break free. Later, he allowed Gu Zaizi to hold onto him. When they reached this place, memorial lowered his voice and asked, "How long are you going to hold onto me?"

"If I can, I really want to chop off your legs and hands and lock them in my room. I Can't go anywhere."Gu Zaizi did not mind that song Mian and Yun Xiangxiang were right beside him. He directly said to memorial coldly.

However, Ji Nian was not angry at all, instead, he extended his other hand to him. "Come, come, come. Remember to find a sharp knife. One slash is more merciful. If one slash can't cut it off, another slash would be too cruel. "As for my feet, I still have to wash them. I'm afraid that if I stick them out like this, young master Gu will be fuming."