241 - 250

Chapter 241: But When You See The Newcomer Laugh, How Can You Hear The Old One Cry

"You're being real smug right now," Sun Qiluo glared at her poisonously, as she did in "The King's Plan."

"Elder sister, you know what I love to see the most?" Yun Xiangxiang asked her softly, just like she did in the film.

"What, what is it?" Sun Qiluo had her guard up.

Yun Xiangxiang smiled at her and rolled her eyes, "The look on your face when you want to strangle me. But. You. Can't."

After saying that, Yun Xiangxiang even bowed at Sun Qiluo as she did in the film.

She left Sun Qiluo behind who looked at her with hatred. Hou Cang felt the need to remind her, "Snap out of it, don't get too immersed."

"Uwah, my dear, you really were seduced by my sister. Men are all pigs," Sun Qiluo turned her face aside. She immediately locked on to a place.

"Let's get going and find the jade," Hou Cang prioritized lunch.

"I found it, I think," Sun Qiluo became herself again. She trotted to a shop that was displaying some decors. Within one of them, a piece of the jade was embedded. "Shopkeeper, can I have this?"

"Of course, of course," the shopkeeper nodded smilingly.

Sun Qiluo carefully pried out the jade. After placing the decor back she turned to the program team, "That's some tricky spot."

The program team said nothing. Instead, they announced, "Hou Cang and Sun Qiluo have acquired a piece of the jade."

"Now we're the only ones with nothing to show," Lu Jin and He Xingzhou who heard the announcement looked at each other.

"You're dragging me down," He Xingzhou accused Lu Jin. "I got some jadeite last night, remember?"

"You would have been starving now if not for me," Lu Jin wasn't someone who would take any hits lying down.

He Xingzhou retorted, "Even if you didn't say anything, Xiangxiang would have anyway."

He firmly believed in Xiangxiang's kindness.

"No, I wouldn't. I didn't really think of the loophole. Only thought the rules said to not mention the specials," Yun Xiangxiang said from behind.

The pair turned around. Lu Jin held back his laugh. He Xingzhou looked hurt, "Xiangxiang, wouldn't your conscience hurt?"

"Not getting any breakfast is your problem. I did nothing wrong, why would my conscience get hurt?" Yun Xiangxiang rebuked.

She wasn't trying to hurt He Xingzhou. She was saying it like it was. She just helped Sun Qiluo before this. She couldn't help He Xingzhou right after that. Besides, she didn't know how to give him any indirect hints. She wouldn't give Lu Jin a thumbs up otherwise.

No matter how smart a person was, they would get stumped at times. Their intelligence would leave them once in a while.

"You have to thank Brother Jin for your breakfast."

"I get it now. Your love has changed. Ah, from now on, you shall think nothing of my tears as you embrace your newfound love," He Xingzhou started getting into his character. He leaned against the pillar beside him, looking devastated.

"I endured the torture in your place. You heard my sister. King Wen of Chu snatched me away because..."

"Hold it right there. Let's keep on searching for the jade," He Xingzhou felt disgusted when he thought about them shipping him with Lu Jin.